my husband eats GARBAGE and still looks better than me!

Options
2»

Replies

• lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    It's not just about exercise either - my husband has a physical job and burns a lot of calories during his working day while I sit at a desk doing nothing more strenuous than tapping a keyboard and hoping my backside won't spread any further! He swims once a week and I'm on the treadmill every day but there is still no way I can get away with eating the vast quantities he can - god knows I've tried!
  • 3108gt
    3108gt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband is exactly the same as that and he is 7 years younger than me. Why is it so difficult for women? Our bodies just seem to want to store every bit of fat we consume, usually on our belly or hips; I am coming back as a man in the next life.... :ohwell:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    also did you know men have less fat cells than women grrrrrr

anyways my hubby is the same but over the last 6 yrs or so hes slowly putting on a lb here and there and where i am loosing i am soooo gonna catch him up and be smaller than him, :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You know what would make you feel better? I'd wager that despite being slightly overweight, that you're probably more physically fit than he is. Skinny does not equal better health all the time. Challenge him to a race or a chin-ups competition. When you win, be humble. Inside though: remember that you kicked his skinny butt! :tongue:
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    not just his metabolic rate, but also sounds like he tolerates carbs very well...
    get him onto the wieghts. big weights. and watch him transform...

Sounds like he has an advantage. encourage him to make good use of it...
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others about different metabolism and all.
    But...

You may want to gentle start encouraging him to change his habits. In high school and the early years of our marriage my husband was super skinny (when we got married he was 180 lbs at 6'1"). But once he hit 30, everything changed! Except his habits. He's 245 now, but been up as high as 255 I think, his cholesterol was borderline to unhealthy, and he gets back issues, headaches, and viruses really easy. He's been working on changing habits - exercising regularly and trying to eat better - but it's been hard, and the weight is sticking around. If you can encourage your husband to slowly develop some healthier eating habits and increase activity (don't call it diet or exercise, lol) he can stay skinny and healthy too!

Cheers!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Depends on the age too. When you are younger sometimes you can eat like that all you want and nothing changes. As you get older your body changes and you no longer are able to keep up with it if you want your body to continue looking the way it does.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's not just about exercise either - my husband has a physical job and burns a lot of calories during his working day while I sit at a desk doing nothing more strenuous than tapping a keyboard and hoping my backside won't spread any further! He swims once a week and I'm on the treadmill every day but there is still no way I can get away with eating the vast quantities he can - god knows I've tried!

I agree with this too. I work on my feet and am in constant motion while I'm at work. I know if I worked a desk job, I wouldn't be consuming the calories I am currently consuming and maintaining my weight. There's just no possible way.