6 Months in......how many calories??

Options
I joined mfp in march and to date I have lost about 17lbs. I started mfp at 175.4lbs and am currently 158.6lbs! I have been consuming about 1200 calories daily and about 120g carbs! Carbs seem to play a big role in my weight loss!! I seem to be a slow loser!! Im just wondering around how many calories should I be eating AND how many grams of carbs!! I have about 19lbs to go to reach my goal of 140lbs!!

Im 5'5" also! My profile is set at sedentary! I really would appreciate any help!

Replies

• I joined mfp in march and to date I have lost about 17lbs. I started mfp at 175.4lbs and am currently 158.6lbs! I have been consuming about 1200 calories daily and about 120g carbs! Carbs seem to play a big role in my weight loss!! I seem to be a slow loser!! Im just wondering around how many calories should I be eating AND how many grams of carbs!! I have about 19lbs to go to reach my goal of 140lbs!!

Im 5'5" also! My profile is set at sedentary! I really would appreciate any help!
    i think it should be between 1500-1200 i eat that an lose more but when i eat 1200 or under i lose slowley so try it youll find a place that suits u
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to mix things up a bit with your diet. I am doing carb cycling which keeps the body from getting used to any one particular area of my diet. One day I will do 200 carbs next 100 then 80 then 60 then 2 days of the high carbs... doesnt really matter what order you do them in but to change it up. Keeps the body guessing. If you decide to try something like that you change change your goals in the settings area and do not make your fat over 25%. then protein will just take up whatever percentage you have left. Its work and takes some planning to make sure you have enough meat/proteins on your low carb days and enough high carb healthy foods for the high days.
    You are welcome to look at my diary.. youll notice the numbers way off as i have to change the goals every day but I have the original numbers for the day in the notes box at the bottom of the diary page. Message me if you need help if you decide to do something like this.

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • pazzescauna1
    pazzescauna1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This website does the calculation work for you. Try to utilize this website as much as you can. Use the "tools" section above.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I used to be 247lbs. (that was pre-MFP though), I'm now 151lbs.(goal is 130, but would love to be in the 120's) I joined MFP in May and from May til the end of August I went from 180 to 151 (today). Now that I'm within 1lb. of the highest I should be for my height/body type I'm losing as SLOW as possible. So if you see a .5 a week loss, consider yourself lucky. You have to be really strict at this point. Oh, and because I have a genetic pre-disposition for diabetes I do better on "lower" carbs. It's hard because I'm a runner, but I avoid grains as much as I can - it helps.
  • Skyoctober
    Skyoctober Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Are you working out??? How often??? I've lost 28lbs since June. I did start in at about 200. I am sticking with 1200 cal diet and work out between 4-5 days. On average I loose about 3lbs a week.
  • shelly650
    Options
    Are you working out??? How often??? I've lost 28lbs since June. I did start in at about 200. I am sticking with 1200 cal diet and work out between 4-5 days. On average I loose about 3lbs a week.

I work out about 3-4 times a week!! I havent been able to for the past week and a half, but I normally cycle or walk on the treadmill!!