Count it ALL joy success stories(in the midst of trials, troubles and UGH)how are YOU winning today?

NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
edited March 2020 in Success Stories
Whew...with all that's going on in this ole world of ours--what are you doing or what's happening in your life that's causing you to win today/lately? How are you turning "lemons" into lemonade for yourself? What's going on good in your life, that you can meditate/think about and encourage yourself?

MAKING yourself think on "good things" instead of dwelling on bad stuff can help us so much and increase our joy something wonderful...it REALLY does/can/WILL.

What has happened to you that really seemed like the end of the world, only to help you become wiser, stronger and better person. Again...what's GOOD in your life?

I'll start....

My old scale was acting up last week and I called the company to see if they could help me fix it (change some setting in it), they tried and tried and couldn't. Then the young man said, I'll going to send you a new one, because you're so patient and kind. WOW...I got it today and it's wonderful. It's like my old one, but BETTER and I GOT IT FOR FREE!

Here's a pic of the new scale and my continued maintaining my fabulous weight (from 219.8lbs to 134.0lbs):
89hi2k06mril.jpg

Got a phone call from a manager at a NICE restaurant today, because I filled out a survey and bragged about how good the food and service was. He invited my husband and I to return to the restaurant "on the house" anytime I want--because he wants to meet me personally. I said how about tomorrow, he said he'd love to meet me tomorrow...so the hubs and I are going to get a FREE wonderful meal tomorrow.

One more, my oldest son said to me today, "Ma...your arms are so skinny, you look so good." Uhhhhh who don't want "skinny" arms? I personally always considered my arms to still be a little/wee bit flabby kinda, so for him to tell me that is/was THRILLING!

So what's up with ya...how are you winning today or of late in the midst of it all?!? What are you doing to keep it real, positive and GOOD to/for yourself and/or those around you? PLEASE DO SHARE!

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited March 2020
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    OMG, I LOVE your slippers!

There's been more than one time I felt like it was the end of the world. Probably one of the worst times was after having a routine surgery and having a bunch of nerves injured by the laser, I was fresh out of college applying to graduate schools yet and half my body was burning and having electrical shocks, I was bedridden for years and doped up from the pain clinic and couldn't sit or walk. In the last couple years it's improved and my mobility is a lot better, nerve damage hasn't changed but my body is a lot stronger. I've also had four back surgeries, am diabetic but off medication now, had fatty liver disease bad enough I was in pain and throwing up all the time, and other issues and most have improved with losing 100lbs since my largest. I'm able to do a lot of cardio and advance in weights and body strength exercises. Most important I can do things people take for granted like standing, walking, and sitting more than 10 minutes and grocery shopping. Whenever I'm annoyed at crowds shopping I remember how I couldn't do it for years and need to celebrate the little things.

You're an utter and complete SHERO, yes you ARE! Wow--just mega WOW and humongous BOOM! What a HUGE inspirational/encouraging AND powerful post/reply. Tears (of sheer JOY & HOPE) are welling up in my eyes because of you/your post. Thank you from the top AND bottom of my heart for this MAJOR contribution to this thread.

Thank you again, so much Katmary, for being you and for showing/telling/PROVING that one can/will WIN (when one CHOOSES/DECIDES to)--no matter how "impossible and UGH" y/our situation and experience. Super MEGA ultra YAY YOU!
    {{{ <3 LOVE and HUGS <3 }}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited March 2020
    How I'm winning today is UNDERSTANDING/KNOWING that I totally will/am giving my power (my power of choice/decisions/thinking/living/being/believing...I GIVE MY ABSOLUTE POWER, my very well being over to whatever I give my attention to, period. Therefore I will/choose to maturely/perfectly give myself and especially my attention over to what will help me win/overcome depression/fear/terror(ism) (disguised as information and/or "help"), desperation, hopelessness, trauma, drama and any and everything that comes into my heart and mind about any and everything. In other words, I'll NOT give into the real and constant temptation of welcoming/entertaining and being overcome/OVERWHELMED with all of the INCESSANT news and/or thoughts of woe, ugh and YUCK of seeking "info". I'll HUMBLY (one MUST be "humble" to live/think this way), I'll do ALL I need/want to do with what IS in my control of overcoming, keeping a "stiff upper lip" as they used to say and make myself win today and EVERYDAY.

Being humble=I may be wrong about what I'm thinking/feeling AND if/since things appear to be out of my control to achieve this (I am ALWAYS able/WILLING to walking in love, peace, joy, self-control, fearlessness and LIGHT instead of darkness--no matter what) Also UNDERSTANDING/BELIEIVNG that being a "know-it-all:, and/or stubborn and/or fearful fearmonger" is/WILL keep in a state of ugh and worse--will feed all the things that hinder me from winning and at the same time, I will maturely, fearlessly and wisely keep up with the "news/important info" and what's happening around/in me, but will not become obsessed/depressed/oppressed/possessed with anything other than things that will keep me from being joyful, fearless and whatever increases my love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, that's what I'm "giving my time/attention/ and thoughts/mind/heart over to, period.

I use this bible verse as one of my "GUIDES" on who/what/when/where/how/why to MAKE myself think on/of daily to win and win BIG...today and forevermore:

“Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsover things are of good report ... think on these things." Philippians 4:8”

Here's somethings I'm doing to help me win thusly:

Watching wonderful, encouraging, inspirational and FUN nature documentaries, helping encourage/inspire others (my neighbors as I do myself--REFUSING to be/think "selfishlessly"), watching old school clean movies and home videos, watching clean and super FUNNY comedians, counting my blessings and making myself think about a lot of the "bullets I missed" in my life and things I'm grateful to/for, reading wonderful books, coloring, decluterring/cleaning, listening to uplifting and super "groovy" and loud jamming music, dancing, exercising, going for nature walks and looking for listening to the birds and cute creatures and beautiful new spring flowers coming up and trees sprouting.

Here's some more tips I found on-line:
    Tips to Work Through Your Fear and Live Your Life
    https://www.psycom.net/facing-your-fear

If you are experiencing overwhelming fear or anxiety, especially a phobia, please consider working with a therapist. Additionally, here are some suggestions that have helped many of my patients work through being hostage to their own fears:

Allow yourself to sit with your fear for 2-3 minutes at a time. Breathe with it and say, “It’s okay. It feels lousy but emotions are like the ocean—the waves ebb and flow.” Have something nurturing planned immediately after your 2-3 minute sitting period is completed: Call the good friend waiting to hear from you; immerse yourself in an activity you know is enjoyable and engrossing.

Write down the things you are grateful for. Look at the list when you feel you’re in a bad place. Add to the list.

Remind yourself that your anxiety is a storehouse of wisdom. Write a letter, “Dear Anxiety, I am no longer intimidated by you. What can you teach me?”

Exercise. Exercise can refocus you (your mind can only focus on one thing at a time). Whether you go on a short walk, head to a boxing gym for an all-out sweat session, or turn on a 15-minute yoga video at home, exercise is good for you and it will ground you and help you feel more capable.

Use humor to deflate your worst fears. For instance, what are some ridiculous worst-case scenarios that might happen if you accept an invitation to deliver a speech to a crowd of 500 people? I might pee in my pants at the podium *** I will be arrested for giving the worst speech in history *** My first boyfriend (girlfriend) will be in the audience and heckle me.

Appreciate your courage. Doreen would tell herself during difficult times, “Every time I don’t allow fear to keep me from doing something that scares me, I am making myself stronger and less likely to let the next fear attack stop me.”

Perhaps the most important coping tool is to be kind to yourself. What advice would you give to a best friend about those negative inner voices that whisper: Be afraid. Don’t try anything new? Do as you advise others—don’t listen to the negativity; be your own best friend. 9
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,271 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm 'winning' but it certainly doesn't feel like winning at the moment.

I'm a teacher and started at a new school this year--which is fantastic, best school and people I've had the pleasure to work in for almost a decade. Anyway. There's one person. Back in September, I was being nice and asked if she was ok because she didn't look happy and she snapped at me "Don't psycho-analyze me"---Ok. Last month, I was again, trying to be helpful because she was speaking English (and getting louder each time she repeated herself) to a Spanish only speaking student. I said "She only speaks Spanish" and she snapped at me and used her hands to 'shush' me. Today, the principal said 'all hands on deck' so I was standing outside my classroom and she was there directing kids and again, another Spanish only speaking student didn't understand her directions and I said the kids name and pointed in the direction he should go. She snapped and said "I don't need your help". I snapped and said "I'm tired of you treating me like this." and I walked away as she was justifying her rude behavior.

I'm going to call this a win on my part because I know that all of my actions have been in line with how Jesus wants me to be-kind and helpful to others. It doesn't feel like a win because I'm still angry at her for her complete audacity and pride but none-the-less, I am comforted knowing that all of my intentions are good.

*sigh*
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Kaitie9399 wrote: »
    I'm 'winning' but it certainly doesn't feel like winning at the moment.

I'm a teacher and started at a new school this year--which is fantastic, best school and people I've had the pleasure to work in for almost a decade. Anyway. There's one person. Back in September, I was being nice and asked if she was ok because she didn't look happy and she snapped at me "Don't psycho-analyze me"---Ok. Last month, I was again, trying to be helpful because she was speaking English (and getting louder each time she repeated herself) to a Spanish only speaking student. I said "She only speaks Spanish" and she snapped at me and used her hands to 'shush' me. Today, the principal said 'all hands on deck' so I was standing outside my classroom and she was there directing kids and again, another Spanish only speaking student didn't understand her directions and I said the kids name and pointed in the direction he should go. She snapped and said "I don't need your help". I snapped and said "I'm tired of you treating me like this." and I walked away as she was justifying her rude behavior.

I'm going to call this a win on my part because I know that all of my actions have been in line with how Jesus wants me to be-kind and helpful to others. It doesn't feel like a win because I'm still angry at her for her complete audacity and pride but none-the-less, I am comforted knowing that all of my intentions are good.

*sigh*

Hi Katie and {{{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}

Thank you ever so much for contributing to this thread. What an important post you've made as well. When I read your reply, I immediately imagined two boxers, going at it for 15 rounds of a grueling and painful BATTLE ROYALE.
    Both boxers are seriously bruised, battered and tired as can be. After the final round--out comes a winner (ties are not allowed). The winner is GLAD it's over and that they won, but is still reeling from the repercussions of the battle and will most likely suffer for sometime afterwards, but is yet THE WINNER.

Wow, how excellent to know/understand that winning does NOT always come with cheers, yays and booms--winning can often "seem/feel" like losing--and yet is winning. That's the impression you made on me with your post AND you surely are a winner and winning as well. Drop kick the "anger" against her. Why? Anger can makes you weak and discouraged and ugh. Understanding that this person is hurting ("hurt people "hurt" people kinda sorta) and is frankly NOT worth the emotional investment of getting angry at all. Chalking it up to, well...I tried and will continue to be me (kind, intelligent, humble and full of life/joy) no matter what...not allowing her to take you out of who/what you truly are. Seeing her as an exercise equipment of sorts, to teach you what's in you and how to think and react and live apart from the "mess" she's throwing out.

Be grateful you know how she "rolls" and therefore can/will adjust your interactions with her, without an ounce of angry, malice, regret or anything. She's actually helping you to become a stronger, wiser person...rather she wants to or not. She's helping you to build up your most needed and good for you "SO WHAT" muscles and that's going help you grow/mature and get/keep your joy/peace and more on something wonderful and help you become more and more humble as the days go on. Which is a super YAY YOU and ultra BOOM!

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    My win today is that though all the confusion and problems and "disorder" that the world, news, and others PUSH because of the coronavirus, i am still TRUSING in god. My friend and I joined together as "two" to pray for the state of the world, the nation, the president and ALL the leaders of our states and nation as they make some MOST difficult decision- We also prayed for the first responders and healthcare workers and so many others- YES at this time- it may seem as if there is nothing that we can do- but we can PRAY and we can spread joy and health as this post that you made have done- I am determined to NOt concentrate on the negative but to BELIEVE for the posititve- thanks again forstarting this post!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    debtay123 wrote: »
    My win today is that though all the confusion and problems and "disorder" that the world, news, and others PUSH because of the coronavirus, i am still TRUSING in god. My friend and I joined together as "two" to pray for the state of the world, the nation, the president and ALL the leaders of our states and nation as they make some MOST difficult decision- We also prayed for the first responders and healthcare workers and so many others- YES at this time- it may seem as if there is nothing that we can do- but we can PRAY and we can spread joy and health as this post that you made have done- I am determined to NOt concentrate on the negative but to BELIEVE for the posititve- thanks again forstarting this post!

Wow my Boo...just super mega ULTRA WOW! Your POWERFUL reply is, to/for me, like a HUGE burst of life, hope and good. What an absolute joy and delight you are and I thank you from the top and bottom of my heart for your most excellent contribution to this thread. Thank you also for giving untold numbers of people that will read this (including me), a lovely glimmer of help and direction as well. You my beautiful friend ROCK, period.

{{{{ <3o:)<3 Super Mega LOVE and HUGS to/for you and yours...now and FOREVERMORE o:)<3o:) }}}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited March 2020
    Went to Target yesterday and was AMAZED at how many people look so scared/unsettled/UGH, alone and frustrated/angry--so MANY. To each and everyone I saw/came across my path, I said to them ALL: "Hi!!!! How are you doing and feeling today?". EVERYONE single person literally "snapped out of it" and smiled and said Hi and told me how they're doing and feeling. I encouraged EVERYONE of them with "The Truth" and they all walked away a wee bit differently than they started.

I not only do/am this way for others...but for myself as well. The sheer JOY and Delight of seeing a miserable and helpless frown turn into a lovely and strengthening smile is nothing less than miraculous and uber WONDERFUL to/for me. It's like the old saying "ya can't give a hug without getting on back". So that's how I'm winning these days. REFUSING to see people who are all angry and out of sorts as something for me to take personally, but instead just the common decency of asking how someone is doing and feeling and really caring about the answer! It's amazing how not even ONE person, no matter how fierce they were/looked didn't respond positively to my earnest inquiry about them.

Also, my husband and I drove pass a TOUGH motorcycle gang in his classic truck. They were looking all mean and tough and my husband blew the horn at them to say Hi and I waved and gave them a thumbs up...it was AMAZING to see those rough/tough guys break their natural inclination to be, ummmmm...mean and they ALL waved at us and smiled. Talk about win--I just laughed and laughed and was/am filled with such JOY, knowing I have the REAL POWER to help others (as I help myself) have a wee bit better day...BOOM!

87820474_411471466357495_8238443319636764205_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=AQO-9AC36nEAX9BB9_2&oh=e090cc467dd259610f11185e0ed54743&oe=5E9E2E28
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited March 2020
    How am I winning today? By doing absolutely NOTHING for a good part of this day....NOTHING, but chillaxing, meditating, THINKING on good stuff, Turning OFF/REJECTING all man/media created, fear and panic inducing and super ultra hyped/exploiting/programming/mind-controlling yuck/ugh/woe/mess and "bad reports" for the day and just lounging around pampering myself (my mind, body, spirit/soul) and having a super wonderful stress/mess free day of reflection and being extra kind to myself (and those around me).

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRBvRAV5YlmHzdV30pn_SVZzvs9ixSKjYOb3DJ_VhZWNJxtpmPwu5c&usqp=CAc

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSf__CVh0kla2Apu5hINMDUQHCbU_UrQpleU7d5Uh5bHMetcMFzFZUNRCSDsReU9IrZxL79X3k&usqp=CAc

71xtUO5greL._SL1500_.jpg

I found THREE (3) FABULOUS new scented Doctor Teal's bath soaks/epson salts. I am so hype about that. Going to do a bath "cocktail" (scented/herbal bath powders, bath oils, bath salts, bath bomb and bubble bath, baking soda). Going put on some wonderful soothing music and/or The Word of God (Alexander Scourby kjv bible on cd) and soak and splish and splash, float and thoroughly enjoy getting clean to the maximum (inside and out) something amazing. Afterwards, going to give myself a manicure and pedicure, do my hair and put on some fabulous body lotions and perfumes. Then I'm going to hang out with my boyfriend-ish husband and just chill with him, as I put some mega jams on the "box" and watch my yummy husband play/JAM on his bass and keyboard to the "cool people ONLY" music I'll be D.J.ing AND of course, dance like everyone is looking and cheering me on too. Then perhaps a lovely LONG walk/stroll around the lake. Talk about ya winning--honey, ya girl is purposing winning today and I hope and pray you are too!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.RKpbIKJXc6KAMNPKGDkERgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

tumblr_ms49a5tz161qc4uvwo1_r1_500.gif

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.O1ndGfDhatIp4WA5OQDKQQHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

tumblr_noogk5FrRc1qc4uvwo1_500.png
  • OdiroEasy
    OdiroEasy Posts: 25 Member
    3 months of work and I have
    🏃🏾‍♀️Lost 32 pounds
    🏆Went from Pre-diabetes to normal A1C
    💃🏿Went from high cholesterol to normal cholesterol
    🏃🏾‍♀️Went from push up on my knees to regular push ups
    🤘🏾Can do 40 burpees in 5 minutes
    👩🏽‍🦱👧🏽Can run around with my kiddos without getting tired.
    ... I am so thrilled and am motivated to keep going!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    OdiroEasy wrote: »
    3 months of work and I have
    🏃🏾‍♀️Lost 32 pounds
    🏆Went from Pre-diabetes to normal A1C
    💃🏿Went from high cholesterol to normal cholesterol
    🏃🏾‍♀️Went from push up on my knees to regular push ups
    🤘🏾Can do 40 burpees in 5 minutes
    👩🏽‍🦱👧🏽Can run around with my kiddos without getting tired.
    ... I am so thrilled and am motivated to keep going!!

WOW...YAY YOU and BOOM honey, mega BOOM! Also, you are so beautiful in your avatar pic AND I can see from it you aren't playing with this at ALL, total I MEAN BUSINESS with this here, period...sooooo inspirational you are and look

This, your post is absolutely, positively unequivocally super exciting and you're a total WINNER with ALL that you're accomplishing--wow! I thank you soooo much for taking the time, interest and lovely care to post this for us. I am so utterly and impressed with your tremendous progress AND your post is super motivational to/for me as well. You're a winner superstar, period.
    {{{{ <3 Hugs and the HIGHEST of fives to/for you <3 }}}}}}

3868c39a7b40685275e958428697888a.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited April 2020
    How am I winning today? By "seemingly" losing once again. :blush: I got checked today and checked HARD by someone. It was a really, ummmmm totally unexpected and a rather hurtful check at that--because I didn't see nor agree with their check...BUT, that's the win for me. The person checking me gave me the "Godportunity" to entertain and embrace bitterness, self-pity and all kinds of YUCK or to "THINK" about what they said about me and then DARE to humble myself, "HEAR" what they are saying about me and DARING to examine myself/my heart to see if what they were saying about me was/is true--even though I didn't/couldn't see it and DARE to question myself about why they said such and then check myself, just as hard if not harder than they did--by agreeing with them and stop and/or begin to "recognize" when I'm heading in that "questionable" direction. I'm super winning today by
    receiving" with JOY and GRATITUDE because of what they accused me of (even if what they accused me of is me being me) and purposely choosing to be "better instead of bitter"...it's a choice!

A lot of people will think and say, don't you DARE stop being you because someone (or even a lot of someones) don't like the way you operate--SO WHAT! Well, sometimes in this ole life, one has to (or at least should) seriously consider criticism (especially if it's coming from a boss or authority figure or someone like that or anyone really--because one ALWAYS has the option of changing for the better or no longer having anything to do with said person, place or thing. Sometimes one has to CHOOSE to humble oneself or make like a tree and leave or make like a shepherd and get the flock outta there--it's a CHOICE). How I'm winning today is after hearing the complaint against me and choosing to be righteous, instead of "right". What they said was "right" to them (whether I saw it or not), and as I kicked the initial bitterness and insult/offense of the really bad (to me) accusation to the place where the sun will NEVER shine and embraced the strong possibility of my being wrong in this matter, instead--WOW! It's like the darkness and YUCK of bitterness, anger and woe-is-me flew outta me so fast it's utterly amazing and wonderful.

Getting checked and checked hard sometimes is just exactly the "ticket" of what's needed at times...at least it is for me. It doesn't feel good--SO WHAT! If/since it helps me to again, humble myself, THINK before I speak or act (THINKING about how someone else may feel about what I'm saying or doing, no matter how "good/right/righteous" I think it is and head in a different/better direction--then what happens immediately in and thru me is I welcome correction with opened arms. I refuse to allow anger, bitterness and stubbornness to rule and reign in my heart and mind, period. I replace anger with truth and repentance (turning my thoughts, actions and deeds 100% in the opposite direction, no matter what, for God's Glory and my good, period). I replace bitterness with reality and doing all within my power to avoid such situations and/or handle them in a godly, meek and humble and powerful manner. I replace stubbornness with humility and trust and real LOVE. This check is helping me EXAMINE my heart/thoughts/words/deeds with God's Way, His Truth and His Life (which is not my natural way AT ALL) and knowing that thinking and doing what's righteous even more than what's right (cause being right and righteous is NOT always the same thing, for real), is ALWAYS the best and most winning way for me. I want to and live to be the sunshine I want to see in the world, again for God's Glory and my good--so that sometimes means LOSING (ego, pride and self-righteousness and UGH) that's winning big time to/for me--WHEW!!!!

Also, I'm down to 128.8lbs...Dear God, that's 91lbs....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewLIFEstyle4ME
    lost 2.6 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 91 lbs so far

i8da15jdkatv.jpg

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I am winning today by learning that overreacting in ANYTHING is not GOOD in any way shape or form. Overreacting causes so much (mostly unnecessary) mess, yuck and ugh. Overreacting is most always fed/stimulated by fear, anger, confusion and woe in general. Like everything else that causes me to win in this ole life--it's not an "arrived" but left the place of that yuck of over-reacting, by purposely THINKING about what I'm thinking, doing and practicing patience and self control when (not if but when) the whammy hits. Also what so foul about overreacting is the yuck of the impulsiveness of it all. Just by asking myself the question of "is this good what I'm about to do or say or bad"? If it's good--STILL I'm purposely and MINDFULLY taking my time before I act or react to something, from the smallest to the biggest most YUCK issues. YES to MAKING myself think first instead of overacting--BOOM!

1kanfbg2x7ew.png
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    You are so inspiring. You are, in my eyes, walking in His direction and daring to improve yourself as he sees you. Totally where I want to be! Thank you for sharing and know that by doing so you are helping others!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NC_Girl wrote: »
    You are so inspiring. You are, in my eyes, walking in His direction and daring to improve yourself as he sees you. Totally where I want to be! Thank you for sharing and know that by doing so you are helping others!

What an absolutely, positively, unequivocally beautiful and super encouraging post! THANK YOU so much for taking the time, interest and LOVE to post. You're a wonderful person, period. Also, much like this weight blastification, walking by/in Faith and in/by His Way, His Truth and His Life is a moment by moment--day by day lifetime choice(s) and deal. He is full of Mercy and knows and loves us more than we do ourselves. Your desire to "Follow Him" is proof that He is with you and leading and guiding you and it's an Awesome thing to see. Slow and Steady wins the race in so many areas of our lives, including getting to really know and Following Jesus.

Thank you once more...so much!

o:) {{{ <3 Love and Hugs <3 }}}} o:)
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Hi friend! After having a challenging winter I am emerging from my personal crisis and doing better (despite the global challenges we are facing now). Since the pandemic was announced my goal has been to do meditation everyday to help relieve anxiety and give me focus. It has helped so much and I've seen some other benefits too. I started running again a few months ago and after doing meditation regularly (which involves 10 minutes of sitting quietly and breathing deeply) my breathing on my runs has improved so much! It has been a very unexpected and happy surprise. Also- I've suddenly got my stress eating under control. I've struggled with overeating sugar for years and I'm currently having success with doing 10 days of no sugar followed by one "free day" where I still eat healthy food but add in treats! During the 10 days if my family eats some dessert I save myself a portion of it in the freezer for my free day. Also, when I have cravings I write them down in my journal next to a calendar of when my next free day. It has helped me feel like I'm not deprived and I'm still "listening" to that part of my brain that just wants to have fun. I've done sugar free for longer periods (months) and felt miserable emotionally, and I've attempted to have sugar everyday but just a little and stay in my calorie goal but I lose my self control and overeat at the end of the day. So I am celebrating finding a solution that has worked for me for the past 2 months without making me feel deprived and sad. I just hit a new low weight after not getting the scale to budge all winter. I accept my failings, have patience for my self and my struggles and I am celebrating my victories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!