Eatwater slim pasta /noodles/ rice

Options
GBNO
GBNO Posts: 15 Member
Hi anyone come across the eatwater slim rice etc., on the box/packets it stars 0g carbs 0 protein 4g Fibre
9 calories. But when I scan it comes up as 8.4g Carbs per 100g. Which is correct?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    GBNO wrote: »
    Hi anyone come across the eatwater slim rice etc., on the box/packets it stars 0g carbs 0 protein 4g Fibre
    9 calories. But when I scan it comes up as 8.4g Carbs per 100g. Which is correct?

Look at the label on the box again. What is the serving size they're giving information for? They could both be correct. Also, is the label for a product intended to be sold in a country where the food labels show net carbs? It's possible that the database entry you're getting is not net carbs, which could be part of the problem.
  • GBNO
    GBNO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well Im still unsure. Im scanning it on My Fitness Pal, and up show the carbs?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

It sounds like your scan is pulling up an incorrect database entry.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

It sounds like your scan is pulling up an incorrect database entry.

Yeah, it looks like there are variations of the pasta that have 8.4 grams of carbs. Probably the wrong entry. I would go by the label. Scanning an entry just does a “search” for that food, so it’s not always correct.