Cheez-its

Options
Are they really that bad for you? Those things are my number one weakness..and my fam had to go out and get a box. :[

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    As far as junk food goes, they really aren't bad. I usually have a box in my house, and a handful (at 100 calories) curbs the salty snack cravings.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't think that they are as bad as some other junk foods?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them at all since I joined MFP, but I would think they're not terrible for you. The worst thing would probably be the sodium...and the orange dye....
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If it's man made, its not good but we all have to have a weekness right?
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite weaknesses!!!!
  • Tjkramer95
    Options
    Just stay within your calorie goal and you'll be fine! Enjoying a little of the foods you love every so often will help keep you from feeling deprived and will keep you on track towards your goals.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hey I LOVE Goldfish and I let myself snack on them cuz they gotta be better than potato chips.....
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    They do not really have any nutritional value. But some now and then and not the whole box will not hurt you!
  • weelee87
    weelee87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    haha goldfish?!! i take it they're some sort of snack and you dont actually eat your pets?!! lol. x
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    I love cheez-its also. I could sit and eat the whole box in one day lol. When I do buy them now, I just eat the serving size but I don't let myself eat them everyday.....a couple times a week!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Don't even have one! I cant' stop if I've had one.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I can't buy them - especially the white cheddar flavor. Once I have one....I can't stop until the whole box is gone. I know Cheez-its makes a lowfat version, but they seriously taste like cardboard.

If you have the self control to maintain portion control, eating them every once in awhile if fine. If you're like me.....ohhh don't even buy them!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    White Cheddar are my favorite! Keep in mind, though, that 25 crackers = 150 calories and there are 13 servings per box!! I used to just sit and watch football and eat them not anymore lol. It's very easy to consume 500-600 calories at time so be careful. The other thing is, they make you thirsty so you end up consuming liquid calories that way as well.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    haha goldfish?!! i take it they're some sort of snack and you dont actually eat your pets?!! lol. x

Lol, a snack!
    http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/productlanding.aspx?catid=722
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    im eatin a "snack pack" of white cheddar now... they make the white cheddar and monterey jack in a box of "snack packs" and each baggy is 180 calories...it curbs my "salty" desire (plus i have always loved cheezits!) and actually ease any hunger i'm feeling between meals! YUMMY!
  • Andrea_Reid
    Options
    I like the reduced fat ones, they have more bite and less calories...yum
  • scrappyrox
    Options
    I like the reduced fat ones. They are my all time favorite crackers. But I have to put the servings in snack size baggies and take only one to work...ha. If i don't, i make them all go away in one day.
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have such a weakness for cheez-its. :-/ I count each one I eat so I won't go over the serving size-- But if it were possible I would live on them.

Cheez-its, coffee and chocolate...

Mmmm.

Probably not all at the same time.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. I'll look into that. (: Thanks for the link.