50 lbs, no difference

I'm really defeated right now.I'm 6'1 and started at 331 lbs.. now 287.2. I see absolutely zero difference in my starting and current picture :/ I am also in the same size pants and still too big to go down a size. sigh When did you guys start to notice?

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    50 Lbs is amazing.
    Do you feel better? I bet you do. Also I bet others can see the difference.
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    You are probably losing it from places that you can't see clearly. I am down 20 pounds and my waist is exactly the same size. I was feeling defeated but a few days ago I put on a robe that previously the arms felt tight, and now they feel looser. My wedding ring is also looser. So while that doesn't mean I am down a clothing size, I realize that the fat has gone from other areas of my body. The rest is sure to follow.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    First place I noticed it was my face. And if I’m recalling correctly, at the time, I didn’t consider it an improvement.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    shetland wrote: »
    You are probably losing it from places that you can't see clearly. I am down 20 pounds and my waist is exactly the same size. I was feeling defeated but a few days ago I put on a robe that previously the arms felt tight, and now they feel looser. My wedding ring is also looser. So while that doesn't mean I am down a clothing size, I realize that the fat has gone from other areas of my body. The rest is sure to follow.

This. I lost from my (almost non-existent) butt, thighs, and back first. Add to it myscle development between work and walking and yeah, it took a while to start seeing the changes. Find a photo of yourself pre-loss and tape it to the mirror. Guaranteed you’ll see the change! 🙂
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Clothing is weird for some of us. I would often go many pounds between downsizing and then I would drop a size and by the time I accumulated enough clothing for that size I would turn around and drop another. It was one of those good problems to have in some ways and SUPER annoying in others.

The first place I noticed weight loss was my feet.

50 pounds is amazing. You can move around a little easier. You have taken stress of your joints (your knees are thanking you) and you have decreased some of your risk. If you were having any weight related health issues they should be improved too.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you all for the support ❤️