Intermittent Fasting/starting at a higher bmi

Options
I am 23 years old, female, 5 foot 2, 195lb.

Over the last few years I've been recovering from an eating disorder. Which recovery cost me gaining up to nearly double my weight. I do not regret it.. but I'm obviously still very unhealthy.

This last week I have been Intermittent Fasting which has helped me stay within the 900-1,200 calorie range.

I'm looking for friends that are either Intermittent Fasting, starting at a higher bmi or simply those that would like to offer their support to me on the journey.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The minimum you should be eating is 1200 calories. I'd suggest plugging your info into mfp, and using it to help calculate your calories needed.
  • Karol__Anne
    Karol__Anne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Didnt they change the recommended to lower? 😓😵 lol
    I struggle to be very active because I have a job that has you sitting around 90% of the shift as I'm an overnight worker.

I havent been feeling any negative side effects on 900 but maybe it's too low still..
  • Karol__Anne
    Karol__Anne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    God now you got me worried and questioning if I'm relapsing. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'm trying to keep a level head and stay healthy. I'll up my intake to closer to 1,200 and maybe 1,300 if I exercise.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Dieting is a slippery slope after recovery. I doubt you should be eating less than 1200. An hour of exercise can easily burn 500 calories. Focus on eating nutritious foods but try to avoid extremes. Meal prep is a great option 🌸