COVID 19 Quarantine Gainz

Options
Hey everyone! I’m a first year uni student in Ontario and, well, literally everything is closed. For my safety but especially for the safety of others, I’m staying at home as much as possible and quickly realizing how much it sucks to be at home all the time.
There doesn’t seem to be much to watch on netflix, and I’m running out of podcasts, so I’ve decided to take advantage of the little home gym we have in our basement.
So that’s my story! I’m on a mission to lose 10 kg by the end of June, and this app has been great for keeping track of what I’m eating and how I can balance it with exercise! I’m gonna be posting about my progress/eating habits/exercising, and I would to connect with anyone in a similar situation!
Tell me about what your goals are at the moment, how you’re dealing with this awful pandemic, just about anything you’re up to!
Stay safe, eat healthy, tap elbows!
Zena

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing some workouts in my room and walking in place while watching YouTube or Netflix. I'm trying to incorporate some dumbbells and body weight/pullups with my cardio since I don't have access to a weight room or heavy weights. I also have a treadmill to get in some extra walking.
    Besides exercise, I'm doing a little spring cleaning and organizing.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm also in Ontario. I workout at home and now I have 3 kids to watch (6, 4, 6 months) so I have to work around their schedule. I'm maintaining/recomping at the moment, just trying to get my protein and cals in best I can.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Another Ontarian here. I've been going out to jog or walk. Will try an indoor bodyweight routine today.

I don't have weights and and gym is closed. Thinking about trying to load up a couple of bags with cans wtc and try some things like farmers walk. Would love to come up with a weight for deadlifting.
  • bglasthal
    bglasthal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my yoga mat out doing calisthenics on breaks from work. Then I'm trying to get out for a bike ride of a few miles after work. Also a local yoga studio is live streaming free classes during quarantine that I've done a bit of.
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Definitely outside walking in the evenings so I don't go stir crazy. I miss my swims at the local pool though!
  • AngelaMarie55374
    AngelaMarie55374 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yoga
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm hating this! I miss my powerlifting routines so much. My local gym is closed until the end of the month, at least.
    All I'm doing at home is bodyweight workouts, a measly pair of 5kg dumbbells to work with and a Swiss ball! I'm finding it so dull, having just come out of a deload I was really looking forward to going heavy again.
    I seriously thought of spending big and getting a power cage, bench, barbell and weights for the garage but everything is sold out!

At least I can go for nice "social isolation" walks, a bonus for living in the country. :)

Keep well everyone, we can overcome this invisible enemy!

• MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Free workouts
    https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts

This is what I'm doing in my home gym!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Free workouts
    https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts

This is what I'm doing in my home gym!