chinese for fathers day lunch.

Options
Hi mfp pals im in need of help. IV got a family lunch at a Chinese restaurant tomorrow , does anyone have any idea what's healthy and what's not ? I know its ment to b full of sodium as well

Replies

• Page2777
    Options
    see if you can get their menu online then you can count the cals in advance and go to the restaurant armed with what you can and cant have
  • boobookittyx
    Options
    miso, hot n sour soup,stir fry veggies and brown rice? oh and tofu! :) good luck!
  • Hilary_85
    Hilary_85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Usually u can eat around 6 pieces of sushi for 200 calories....boiled shrimp ...10 for 80 calories....they have salad bars....my advice is stay away from fried food and dipping sauces. Eat a lot of boiled seafood and veggies...even if the begs have sauce its still not horrible for u...if u have the mobile app search Chinese food to get an idea!!!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Usually u can eat around 6 pieces of sushi for 200 calories....boiled shrimp ...10 for 80 calories....they have salad bars....my advice is stay away from fried food and dipping sauces. Eat a lot of boiled seafood and veggies...even if the begs have sauce its still not horrible for u...if u have the mobile app search Chinese food to get an idea!!!

I don't know what sushi you're eating!! Depending on the rice/fish/meat/etc ratio, pieces are usually 50-200 cals each from what I've seen. Sushi also isn't Chinese so I don't know how hard it'd be to find ;P
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    huh? why are people suggesting sushi if she is going for Chinese??

Try having stir fried veg and plain rice x
  • happydayzz
    happydayzz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I actually have this problem often! chinese food tends to be high in both sodium, carbs, and calories, so here's what I've been doing~^^ I hope it works for you!

Most chinese restaurants have a 'diet' menu or a 'healthy menu'. On this menu, there will be options for STEAMED foods!!! A safe bet is to order steamed chicken/shrimp with a small serving of rice(usually, the provide about 2/3-1 cup, which is about 200-300 calories) with the SAUCE ON THE SIDE! This is a great way not to have your food drenched with the sauce by the time it comes to the table; you choose how much you want on your food! I usually dip each piece a tad bit into the sauce to make myself eat only as much as i need xD
    if they don't have a diet menu, ask for your dish with the sauce on the side anyway. If they don't offer that, then stir-fried veggies with a side order of rice is a good bet. Pair it with a small wonton soup, and you'll be good to go!! xD
    Good luck!
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions its a big help. =)
  • dreaasha
    Options
    If I order chinese food, I order steamed veggies and tofu, sauce on the side. And I usually ask for brown rice, as well-they give you cup of the stuff, and you don't need anymore than that. It's easy to go low cal in a chinese spot.