Shelter in Place mandated by most of SF BAY AREA

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
edited March 2020 in Chit-Chat
We are in "shelter in place" in most of the SF BAY AREA now. That means with the exceptions of essential businesses like grocery stores, gas stations, hospital, fire, etc., the majority of businesses will be closed till at least the end of March and in my county April 7. People are urged to stay at home. You can still walk your dog, jog, etc. outside, but there's a suggest distance you keep from others.
Crazy times, but I see how this helps to reduce the spread of the virus.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    What about the homeless there ?

What are their options ??
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Okay i know everything i say is jokes but i mean this seriously because i was wondering about this the other day.. do the homeless even know whats going on? Short of reading signs on businesses, how would they know?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Whole state is now a "shelter in place" status. What a ride so far.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    49ers blew that lead
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    49ers blew that lead

Right?

That game was won; why quit running the ball ?

It made no sense.

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    49ers blew that lead

Right?

That game was won; why quit running the ball ?

It made no sense.
    I was 6 min away from being able to put my kids through college
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Okay i know everything i say is jokes but i mean this seriously because i was wondering about this the other day.. do the homeless even know whats going on? Short of reading signs on businesses, how would they know?

I lived for years in downtown San Diego, which has an enormous homeless population. The homeless read newspapers (they're left all over outdoor tables) & since the weather is mild, many outdoor cafes & restaurants have TVs, as well.

More than other huge cities I've lived in, many of the SDiego homeless I encountered daily were suffering from terrible mental illness, so I'd imagine those poor souls aren't aware of many things.

At very least, I'm sure they notice that shops are closed, traffic is far lighter & there are far less people in the streets walking to public transit & work, when the city is always filled with residents & tourists.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The new stupid trend is healthy teens going into grocery stores and coughing on food.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    The new stupid trend is healthy teens going into grocery stores and coughing on food.

That's disheartening. It's amazing some find it humorous to take other's health into their hands, like licking food & returning it to the shelf. These geniuses should return to swallowing Tide pods.

Didn't a basketball player purposefully touch a bank of microphones & later test positive? I thought I heard several of those reporters tested positive, as well... could be they had it before then, but why take such chances. Such callousness & carelessness.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »

That's disheartening. It's amazing some find it humorous to take other's health into their hands, like licking food & returning it to the shelf. These geniuses should return to swallowing Tide pods.

Didn't a basketball player purposefully touch a bank of microphones & later test positive? I thought I heard several of those reporters tested positive, as well... could be they had it before then, but why take such chances. Such callousness & carelessness.

Society in general goes more downhill when things get too prosperous. People get very complacent and think things doesn't apply to them, or they're invincible.

People who do anything such as cough on people, lick food and return to shelves, etc ought to be charged with the same kind of crime as those who willingly know they have HIV/AIDS and spit, or attempt to bite someone. I dislike the addition of laws where common sense should apply. But, when you have dumbasses pulling that crap, something needs to be done.

I used to joke around that we could bleach the gene pool fast enough. Or that we needed a deadly virus to eliminate certain segments of the population. While still kind of holds true, I'm afraid it's going to take the wrong people and leave said dumbasses alone.

As to the question of the homeless, many have an idea of what's going on. However, there's also a very large segment of them who have some sort of mental health issue that they only want to live on the street and won't stay in a shelter, home, etc. regardless of how bad the weather is. Here, they had a homeless man in a confinement facility due to COVID-19, and he pushed his way past staff and security and left the building.