From Big D and looking for friends and advice

Options
I'm new here as of three days ago and can see quickly why this is such a great site. I'm introducing myself here and really hope to be a daily user of MFP. I'm amazed at what I've learned in 3 days about calories! That part alone is a HUGE reason I've become such a fast believer in MFP. I've lived my life oblivious to what I was putting in my body....paid NO attention to what amount of calories were going in vs how many were being burned by exercise. Being able to see the numbers has opened my eyes. I am poring over this information and trying to incorporate it into my new way of thinking.

Please add me as a friend and feel free to share your best tidbits of advice. I'm so open to taking on good, healthy weight loss ideas and philosophies.

Many thanks in advance!!!
:heart: :happy: :heart:

Replies

• Butrfli
    Options
    Welcome Missy! You have made a great decision to join us here. It's wonderful to get the support and encouragement we all need. I'll add you so we can do this together my friend. Your not alone on this hard journey. :)
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great place to be! You will find great advice, motivation, and great friends!!
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    The more friends you have, the more support you'll get, the better you'll do!!!!

Welcome!!! And good luck!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a fantastic tool and a great resource for information. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck on your journey!!!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    thanks for the add, Missy. You can come to me for support, anytime :)
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I too like the food tracker it has been helping a lot. I have lost 19 pounds since coming back with the tracker and the support I will stick to it this time. Great site...:smile:
  • melliemel818
    melliemel818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know exactly where your coming from. I've been apart of MFP for about 2 weeks now. I've found so much useful info. and some great motivate friends on here. I'll add you as a friend so we can be a motivate and encourage each other along the way to accomplishing our goals! From one former "Big D" city Resident to another, You Can Do This!! :)
  • Rebecca2u
    Rebecca2u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You've joined an amazing site with wonderful and supportive people :) Im not too far from Big D, if you're still wanting new friends please send me a request : ))
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of you ladies, and gentleman for the kind and welcoming words. I can tell I'm going to love this site!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it has been working well for me. Now that I have friends reading my food diary - I lie all the time. Not really, they encourage me when I go over, and congratulate me when I make it work.

Friend me if you like. Good luck!