Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• mtaratootmtaratoot Member Posts: 6,995 Member Member Posts: 6,995 Member
    ... I am not a runner. I get shin splints and stitches in my side and I've never been able to run, though I've been fairly fit for most of my life.

I got on the treadmill yesterday and decided to see if I could jog for just a little while before things started to hurt. Figured I'd go 3 minutes and then slow the pace to something manageable. Maybe try some HIIT or something to keep isolation interesting.

... I jogged 2 miles in 22 minutes, and then walked 2 more miles in 30 minutes and felt pretty good.

O_O

I keep checking my house for the pod that I must have hatched from. It's like I don't even know me anymore. I might try jogging again tomorrow if I don't feel like taking 2 hours to get my normal step count...

That is FANTASTIC! And a safe way to get out of the damn house if you try it. If you end up walking, that's awesome, too.

Keep looking for that pod. It's got to be there somewhere. :wink:
  • LissaDay77LissaDay77 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    peonycarol wrote: »
    I can wear my wedding ring for the first time in 3 years!

Me too!!!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,651 Member Member Posts: 2,651 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today is exactly 365 days since I downloaded MFP.

I've somehow kept up this weight loss thing for an entire year. :0

Honestly when I started I didn't think I could do it. I'm just THAT stubborn I guess.

Congratulations, @Terytha! Here's to persistence (or stubbornness). HAHA! :D
  • holli1chholli1ch Member Posts: 673 Member Member Posts: 673 Member
    Terytha wrote: »

MFP works if you work it. Congratulations!