It’s so hard

Options
foxknowe
foxknowe Posts: 13 Member
I’ve used MFP for years sometimes I am serious other times I guess I am in denial by just checking in, but something has to change as I am just not losing weight and now in medication for high blood pressure. I am 254 pounds and have put on 5 stones over the years and just feel crap about myself and my weight. I suppose putting this down in writing is maybe my own motivation for trying to make things better. I lost my Mum in October and she had many health issues which were not helped by her weight so that should have been the kick up the backside to fix this but it wasn’t.
Now it is up to me to get myself together and shed the pounds and get fitter.
Maybe the worldwide challenges are an eye opener for us all so I will try harder and if anybody reads this stay safe.
Wish me luck!

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it!
  • dagastad
    dagastad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I’ve done the same thing. Let myself gain over the years and now trying to deal with the repercussions. I was on another diet app for a while and lost 20 pounds plateaued and got frustrated. What I did do is prove to myself that I could lose weight. In the end it is me coming to realize that it’s all about me. No one else is putting food in my mouth or sitting my butt on the sofa. It’s my hand reaching for food choices and my arm lifting to put it in my mouth. It’s my emotions; habits and patterns sabatoging my life. Good luck. Once you make that realization and deal with it all...you’ll win!
  • foxknowe
    Options
    dagastad wrote: »
    Good luck. I’ve done the same thing. Let myself gain over the years and now trying to deal with the repercussions. I was on another diet app for a while and lost 20 pounds plateaued and got frustrated. What I did do is prove to myself that I could lose weight. In the end it is me coming to realize that it’s all about me. No one else is putting food in my mouth or sitting my butt on the sofa. It’s my hand reaching for food choices and my arm lifting to put it in my mouth. It’s my emotions; habits and patterns sabatoging my life. Good luck. Once you make that realization and deal with it all...you’ll win!

• foxknowe
    Options
    Brilliant reply, thank you very much - it reinforces how I feel so thanks for the support, it is appreciated 👍
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    If you want to try a team approach, with tons of support and great people connections, the Fat2Fit group is taking new registrations. Give it a try! It has helped me more than I can describe - the teams are small so you get to know everyone, the support is amazing, and there is a ton of information.

We are a weight loss challenge and support group. We have teams for accountability and challenges for motivation.
    Come join the best bunch of losers on MFP :)

Click here to see what we are all about:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us? Click here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789583/april-registration#latest