• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Burning through this.....
    Just into season 3.

It's outstanding in every regard.

img_0710.jpg?w=584

Thx for this. It's on Netflix so I'm going to give it a go.

I just wish they didn't dub it. There are so many good series on NF with such awful dubbing, I can't watch, but I guess the masses don't want subtitles. In that regard, I wish they'd be more mindful of the voice quality & acting ability in their choices of voice actors... some are downright distracting. A series I was dying to watch was Valhalla Murders... the plot looks very interesting, but I couldn't make it through 10-min with the dubbing. Such odd voices.

BTW, if you like this series, you might be interested to check out a German mini-series called Generation War. It's the same period of time & I've only seen trailers, but it appears to be a bit more gritty. Volker Bruch is the lead actor in both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglakerBn3o

@TarryTaffyTwo

Thanks, yeah.... I've watched Generation War too.

I liked it. That being said, Babylon Berlin is better (imho).

Babylon Berlin is shown with it's original German with subtitles, natürlich.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Lost girls
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just into season 3.

img_0710.jpg?w=584

I just wish they didn't dub it. There are so many good series on NF with such awful dubbing, I can't watch, but I guess the masses don't want subtitles. In that regard, I wish they'd be more mindful of the voice quality & acting ability in their choices of voice actors... some are downright distracting. A series I was dying to watch was Valhalla Murders... the plot looks very interesting, but I couldn't make it through 10-min with the dubbing. Such odd voices.

BTW, if you like this series, you might be interested to check out a German mini-series called Generation War. It's the same period of time & I've only seen trailers, but it appears to be a bit more gritty. Volker Bruch is the lead actor in both.

@TarryTaffyTwo

That's good to know. I watched the following trailer, which is dubbed... why I don't know if the series isn't???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eorwxcIuU
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Just into season 3.

img_0710.jpg?w=584

@TarryTaffyTwo

That's good to know. I watched the following trailer, which is dubbed... why I don't know if the series isn't???

@TarryTaffyTwo

Dunno.... just be sure to double check your language and subtitles settings before watching.

Enjoy!
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Just into season 3.

img_0710.jpg?w=584

@TarryTaffyTwo

@TarryTaffyTwo

Dunno.... just be sure to double check your language and subtitles settings before watching.

Enjoy!

Sicher. Vielen dank, mein herr.

Dang... I'll dub that later.
  • EnterNihil
    EnterNihil Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Falcon
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    The Princess Bride

One of my favourite movies of all times. I'm overdue for watching it again...
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    Knives Out

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sl6s0ndqbc9g.png
    i don't know how feel about it. omar epps did a great job. not a fan of kate walsh.

freaks
    5mjeyo2rcyuc.png
    i kinda liked it. interesting.
  • ataleforthetimebeing
    ataleforthetimebeing Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I watched an Aussie film called Black Water. It is about a couple and the wife's sister who go on a trip in North Queensland which is infested with saltwater crocodiles and where the population for these creatures have been on the rise. It is based on true events. It was a decent film for its genre. A nice entertainment but not great enough to give it a second viewing. The best part of the movie is that it defies all usual ploys of the genre.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Wanted a feel good movie. This ended up being a feel good, but went to places I didn’t expect. I loved the city shots of the various places done as models in the style of the Neighborhood. Tom Hanks did a great job as Fred Rodgers.

Agreed. Watched it last night... the first 20 minutes or so were slow, but once it got into the thick of the story it got really good.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Jumanji - The Next Level

A decent sequel. Dwayne Johnson's DeVito/NYCer impression gets old fast, but otherwise I had no real complaints.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Spencer confidential. Watched it last night and it made me laugh, so that was a good thing.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Movies from over this past weekend:

Outbreak
    The Con is On
    Wild Card
    The Prince
    Hunter Killer
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Just into season 3.

img_0710.jpg?w=584

@TarryTaffyTwo

@TarryTaffyTwo

Enjoy!

For goodness' sake... I just realized last night there's an option to choose language (original or multiple dubbed languages) as well as subtitles. All I needed to do was look 2" left on the subtitle option, jeez.

You youngens & your newfangled gadgets. Next think ya know there'll be flying steel tubes in the sky & giant contraptions to keep your mead chilled.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    I'm very restless & can't seem to find anything to hold my interest, of late.

Gave the IC series "The Valhalla Murders" a few episodes, but it's too made-for-TV, with no sense of suspense whatsoever, so I bailed.

Then tried the Finnish series "Deadwind". After a few episodes, I found it's the reason I don't like most TV... they cram beginning-middle-end into 1-hr & plot suffers in the unbelievability... so, I bailed.

Saw "Lost Girls". It was all right.

Tonight, I'm trying the Finnish series "Bordertown" about rural murders. Hope it retains my interest.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Watched Togo last night in honor of national puppy day.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Began watching a Finnish series "Bordertown" about a quirky-in-everyway detective, newly relocated to a rural town. It's definitely odd... a blend of True Detective, S1 with Colombo (this guy just knows/sees/feels everything by seemingly breathing in the air at a crime scene) & it's even slightly Twin Peaks-ish, but not as gritty. Strange grimness with odd, dark humor sprinkled without makes it... weirdly compelling. I'll keep watching.

Going to also try "Tiger King" later. Honestly, I saw the previews & it doesn't really interest me, but I've heard only super-raving reviews, so I'll give it a go. Anyone else watching it?
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Spenser Confidential