Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Last film you saw...

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthxxFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,933Member Member Posts: 4,933Member Member
    Alita: Battle Angel

Was better than I expected.

I just watched this! Really liked it :)

Yep, they did pretty good with it. I'm hoping they make a sequel to it.
  • karlschaefferkarlschaeffer Posts: 864Member Member Posts: 864Member Member
    Any votes for Best Picture? Mine is Blackkklansman.
    edited February 21
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,142Member Member Posts: 1,142Member Member
    Bird Box - very strange and depressing
  • th_wht_rbbtth_wht_rbbt Posts: 921Member Member Posts: 921Member Member
    The Frozen Ground. Nicolas Case sucks but the movie didn't. It's not great either.
  • RubyDarlingRubyDarling Posts: 164Member Member Posts: 164Member Member
    Arrival, on Netflix. Interesting but silly, drawn out ending.
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 8,635Member Member Posts: 8,635Member Member
    ttmsrcgigmdn.png
    really enjoyed it but the sudden death of a character was slightly more explicit than i was expecting. since nothing else was.
  • SirMxyzptlkSirMxyzptlk Posts: 870Member Member Posts: 870Member Member
    Finally saw Aqua Man. It was kinda on par with the rest of those.
  • laurenq1991laurenq1991 Posts: 313Member Member Posts: 313Member Member
    There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane (I watched it in 2011 but it was being discussed on another forum I'm part of so I ended up rewatching it). HBO makes the best documentaries.
    edited February 22
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Posts: 13,525Member Member Posts: 13,525Member Member
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 7,927Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,927Member, Premium Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    44680cover.jpg

What did you think?
  • tinuztinuz Posts: 941Member Member Posts: 941Member Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    44680cover.jpg

Haven't heard about this one....cast looks good.
    How was it??
  • tinuztinuz Posts: 941Member Member Posts: 941Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Mortal_Engines_teaser_poster.jpg

Thoughts?

Excellent cinematography with an OK but interesting story line and just a meehhhhh ending. But a good watch.

I'll have to find time to watch it. :) Too bad about the ending . Thank you @crazyravr

Thanks, now i need to look for another movie that i can watch...hahaha
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 2,576Member Member Posts: 2,576Member Member
    phcpvfxb1e6h.jpg

Brilliant would recommend.
  • CutemesoonCutemesoon Posts: 2,186Member Member Posts: 2,186Member Member
    Excellent film!

?format=750w
  • Reckoner67Reckoner67 Posts: 3,207Member Member Posts: 3,207Member Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

What did you think of this? I watched it a few weeks back and have opinions, but don't know anybody else who's seen it
  • Taz6o5Taz6o5 Posts: 3,442Member Member Posts: 3,442Member Member
    phcpvfxb1e6h.jpg

Brilliant would recommend.

I just watched this it was really good !

:+1:
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

What did you think of this? I watched it a few weeks back and have opinions, but don't know anybody else who's seen it

i have mixed feelings. i do wish it ended on the girl's story and not the gold rush story.
    i liked aspects of it. the first story was the best. but some just felt unfinished. i understand what they were going for but idk...
  • Reckoner67Reckoner67 Posts: 3,207Member Member Posts: 3,207Member Member
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

i have mixed feelings. i do wish it ended on the girl's story and not the gold rush story.
    i liked aspects of it. the first story was the best. but some just felt unfinished. i understand what they were going for but idk...

That's a lot of how I felt. The first was the best; the girl's was sad, but good (even if the characters felt...hollow); the gold rush story had the best ending, in my opinion. While the different stories each had some high points, and the cinematography was pretty cool throughout, overall it sorta fell flat for me. It felt like too many stories were unfinished, too many characters weren't humanized (or they felt sorta like parodies of real people).

Even though it's more humorous, it sorta fell into the category of Bone Tomahawk for me--loved the setting, loved the cinematography, but the characters and story itself just sorta fell flat for me.
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

That's a lot of how I felt. The first was the best; the girl's was sad, but good (even if the characters felt...hollow); the gold rush story had the best ending, in my opinion. While the different stories each had some high points, and the cinematography was pretty cool throughout, overall it sorta fell flat for me. It felt like too many stories were unfinished, too many characters weren't humanized (or they felt sorta like parodies of real people).

Even though it's more humorous, it sorta fell into the category of Bone Tomahawk for me--loved the setting, loved the cinematography, but the characters and story itself just sorta fell flat for me.

though often i do feel the coen brothers have flat characters that are really just foils. their humor is very dry

i didn't like the gold rush end. part of me expected the deer to fall in. felt like it would have been symbolic or something

i really wanted more from the tyne daly short. i feel like that had the potential to be a good movie