Not A Pound Lost But PROGRESS (With Pictures)

Options
I have been feeling rather down lately :grumble: . I literally cannot make the stupid scale move one way or another. It's stuck. Below are my weight loss pictures. I was completely shocked :noway: to see the difference that a month and a half makes. It only also goes to show that your scale should not be the only things that makes you happy and shows that you are making improvements in yourself :wink: . I hope, while these pictures show I'm not where near where I want to be, that you can make pretty dramatic changes without the scale moving exactly how you want it to.

Front - July 18th versus September 3rd
2011-07-18Front-2.jpg2011-09-03Front-2.jpg

Side - July 18th versus September 3rd
2011-07-18Side-2.jpg2011-09-03Side-2.jpg

Back - July 18th versus September 3rd
2011-07-18Back-3.jpg2011-09-03Back-2.jpg

My changes are huge, but you can see the stomach has definitely gotten smaller from the side picture. My arms (best seen in the back pictures) have also tones even more. I had to laugh because I liked my arms in the July 18th pictures (you should have seen them last winter...ARGH), but I'll take the Septemer 3rd ones any day :love:

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    yay you can really see a HUGE difference Summer!!!! The weight will come off soon, don't worry! :) It'll just take time because you are building a lot of muscle :)
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • npostma
    Options
    Keep it up. I still need to do my pics!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    wow well done your torso has really changed!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That is great to see and there is a huge difference in your stomach area and back. Has exercise helped with the toning or just watching calories?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you haven't lost a pound, you look like you've lost about 20!

Great job! :drinker:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you look great!! the scale will move soon...you're body has tricked it!! I can really see a difference!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    def look like your toning up nicely
    Good luck your doing great
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My goodness that is fantastic, thanks.:smile:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I think your smile muscles are building too!! You look great!! Keep up the good work - the weight will soon start to disappear too!! :bigsmile:
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! You are considerably more toned now. Keep up the good work!!!
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    SUMMER!!!!! That is awesome! You are doing an amazing job hun!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • martinh78
    Options
    Bin your scales and buy some new ones, yours must be broken.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    remember muscle weighs more then fat ;) you're looking great, keep up the good work :D
  • zeuslalala
    zeuslalala Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You HAVE to feel good about your progress! Way to go! For the record, I totally understand any frustration with the scale. The reason I am offering to share a little is because I didn't see the changes I was looking for until I changed a couple of things in my diet. I am down from 220 to a constant 175-180lbs max and I feel great. :wink:

I'm not a nutritionist, but I have read a great number of books about what to eat and what not to eat to lose weight and build muscle. I would be happy to share a couple of things with you if you are interested. Most importantly, let me reiterate how I do think you are doing great and am confident you will get there. zeuslalala
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    That is great to see and there is a huge difference in your stomach area and back. Has exercise helped with the toning or just watching calories?

I definitely have kicked up my exercise. My eating has been so so (per my own standards). My exercising has been something serious! I average about 6 hours of tennis a week, go to the gym on my lunch breaks a minimum of three days a week, plus various other stuff. Honestly, I added more weights into my routine, which I think have made the most difference.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You can really see a huge difference. I am a person who doesnt believe in scales. Body fat % is the key. Lose body fat and you will have tremendous results like yourself! Great pics. You should totally be proud!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Nicely toned. Keep up the great work.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference ! Wow that's so amazing !
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!! YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!! I can diffently can tell the difference you look GREAT!! By the way I LOVE your carpet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!