Mini Trampoline (Trampette)

Options
Hiii everyone :)
Im thinking about getting a mini trampoline just for abit of extra excersize that i can do in spare time.
I was just wondering if trampolining is any good and if any body has tried it ?

Replies

• WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just found this a few days ago. I have one and love it!

31 Ways Trampoline Jogging/Rebounding can improve your Well Being
    Rebounding strengthens the heart and other muscles in the body so that they work more efficiently.
    Rebounding provides an increased G-force (gravitational load), which strengthens the musculoskeletal systems.
    Rebounding protects the joints from the chronic fatigue and impact delivered by exercising on hard surfaces.
    Rebounding helps manage body composition and improves muscle-to-fat ratio.
    Rebounding aids lymphatic circulation by stimulating the millions of one-way valves in the lymphatic system.
    Rebounding establishes a better equilibrium between the oxygen required by the tissues and the oxygen made available.
    Rebounding increases capacity for breathing.
    Rebounding circulates more oxygen to the tissues.
    Rebounding results in better mental performance, with keener learning processes.
    Rebounding tends to reduce the level to which the arterial pressures rise during exertion.
    Rebounding can lessen the time during which blood pressure remains abnormal after severe activity.
    Rebounding increases the functional activity of the red bone marrow in the production of red blood cells.
    Rebounding decreases the volume of blood pooling in the veins of the cardiovascular system preventing chronic edema.
    Rebounding improves resting metabolic rate; therefore more calories are burned for hours after exercise.
    Rebounding causes muscles to perform work in circulating fluids through the body to lighten the heart's load.
    Rebounding encourages collateral circulation by increasing the capillary count in the muscles and decreasing the distance between the capillaries and the target cells.
    Rebounding lowers circulating cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
    Rebounding lowers low-density lipoprotein (bad) in the blood and increases high-density lipoprotein (good) holding off the incidence of coronary artery disease.
    Rebounding promotes tissue repair.
    Rebounding for longer than 20 minutes at a moderate intensity increases the mitochondria count within the muscle cells, essential for endurance.
    Rebounding adds to the alkaline reserve of the body, which may be of significance in an emergency requiring prolonged effort.
    Rebounding improves coordination between the proprioceptors in the joints, the transmission of nerve impulses to and from the brain, transmission of nerve impulses and responsiveness of the muscle fibers.
    Rebounding improves the brain’s responsiveness to the vestibular apparatus within the inner ear, thus improving balance.
    Rebounding offers relief from neck and back pains, headaches, and other pain caused by lack of exercise.
    Rebounding enhances digestion and elimination processes.
    Rebounding allows for deeper and easier relaxation and sleep.
    Rebounding can curtail fatigue and menstrual discomfort for women.
    Rebounding minimizes the number of colds, allergies, digestive disturbances, and abdominal problems.
    Rebounding tends to slow down atrophy in the aging process.
    Rebounding is an effective form of exercise by which the user gains a sense of control and an improved self image.
    Rebounding is Fun!
  • Tigerfish62
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting one. Some of the material I've read says that mini tramps are very beneficial just as the other post has listed for you.
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow who knew trampolins could help you in so many ways!
    I really think im going to get one. and plus like you have said its fun! Which is a big plus for me lol :D
  • MandyKuchta61
    MandyKuchta61 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you use on one.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    For some reason, there seems to be a cult of people whose lives are devoted to spreading the glories of mini-trampolining with apostolic zeal.

I am old enough to remember a previous wave of enthusiasm for mini-trampolining back in the 1980s, and looked into the research at that time. Then it centered primarily around walking on a mini tramp. The research verified what a trained exercise physiologist would expect: walking at a normal "cadence" on a mini-tramp yields little or modest aerobic benefit. To increase the aerobic intensity, it was necessary to step at a higher cadence with a high knee lift. Even with that, there was an upper limit to how hard one could work on a mini tramp that limited its effectiveness, primarily because even at max cadence and knee lift, intensity didn't go super high.

The results were in direct contrast to every commercial made to sell mini tramps, which showed someone gently stepping on the tramp, watching TV, with a look of mystical bliss on their face.

I saw no research on jumping on a mini tramp--one, I think most people who could sustain a routine of intense jumping on a mini tramp have a fitness level that would allow them to do other more effective exercises, and two, the mini tramp has always been marketed primarily to middle-aged, sedentary, overweight people who it is thought would be adverse to more aggressive exercise.

Now, recently, I have seen the mini tramp repurposed, like so many other types of equipment, into a more active device that is used to perform structured, more dynamic, circuit-training workouts. Instead of solitary marching, the mini tramp is used as an exercise station, and a platform for various types of jumps, squats, lunges, etc as people jump from the tramp to the floor.
    This is a completely new possibility for the mini tramp and one that I think could be used for some fun and effective workouts, depending on the choreography. Just keep in mind that those workouts have NOTHING to do with the lists of claims of benefits for mini tramps.