All gyms closed for COVID-19

KyaLeanGreen
KyaLeanGreen Posts: 17 Member
Is anyone else’s state on lockdown with all of the gyms closed because of virus? My fiancé and I bought a bench, nordictrack elliptical, and Walmart dumbbells while we are both in our cutting phase. Trying to make due with what we have now

Replies

• AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Yea. Mine was closed over a week ago. Trying to be creative with home work outs. I regret giving my curling bar and dumb bells to my brother in January. Who knew all the gyms would be closed now.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I have everything I need at home.
    It's all the same gear that I use at the gym....benches/ racks / weights/ cardio equipment etc.

I just miss my homeboys (& girls) from the gym.
  • KyaLeanGreen
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Yea. Mine was closed over a week ago. Trying to be creative with home work outs. I regret giving my curling bar and dumb bells to my brother in January. Who knew all the gyms would be closed now.

Who would have thought the day would come. Even state of emergency for weather, I would still go no matter how much snow. Try that darebee website. We’ve been using that for a lot of free workouts. A lot of body weight base workouts. Darebee.com
  • KyaLeanGreen
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I have everything I need at home.
    It's all the same gear that I use at the gym....benches/ racks / weights/ cardio equipment etc.

I just miss my homeboys (& girls) from the gym.

Yeah, it’s definitely beneficial having equipment at home! It’s not the same without running into your people though!
  • gjw5000
    gjw5000 Posts: 86 Member
    Home gym sorted, will just have to be imaginative with a bench, dumbells and a kettle bell... 3mhnwumqn7cu.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,549 Member
    I miss my gym, never thought the stair treadmill and resistance machines and free weights would be such a big part of my life! Thanks to years of physical therapy and surgeries I collected some dumbbells though I need heavier ones, resistance bands, a recumbent bike and treadmill, exercise ball, foam roller, weird back strengthener, yoga mat, and a couple workout videos. I'm having trouble justifying $35 for a set of dumbbells I won't use after this passes.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Be mindful of the weight limits, upon noncommercial equipment & not just concerning, your body weight but weights, that're attachable.
  • ataleforthetimebeing
    ataleforthetimebeing Posts: 80 Member
    gjw5000 wrote: »
    Home gym sorted, will just have to be imaginative with a bench, dumbells and a kettle bell... 3mhnwumqn7cu.jpg

Kbell is my favourite equipment. Feeling jealous that I don't have that at my place.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Yup - I have some dumbbells and pull up bar and that’s it - P90x for me for now 😉
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Burpees are free and portable. Pushups are scalable if you know how. Pull ups too. Walking and running are still things. Turning a garden is a good workout too.

I should do some of those 😆
  • KyaLeanGreen
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Yup - I have some dumbbells and pull up bar and that’s it - P90x for me for now 😉

The first time I tried P90x I was pretty close to dying 😂 You’re better than me! Man that is EXHAUSTING! But such a great workout !
  • ataleforthetimebeing
    ataleforthetimebeing Posts: 80 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    they closed the bars in Ireland and everyone lost their job

LOL. I am sorry. I know this is a tragic but it also sounds funny.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Gyms here closed a couple weeks ago. Doesn't really impact me all that much since spring is in full swing here and most of my exercise is road cycling, mountain biking, and hiking. Just doing some bodyweight stuff and band work for some resistance training, but resistance training is really a pretty small part of my overall exercise plan. I do more of it in winter since it's cold and dark...but once the weather gets like this, I'm outside.