Self isolate = boredom eating

Well folks for some of us, including me, we eat out of boredom. Heres a place to shair ideas that keep our hands bussy and out of the kitchen. Here's a start:
Brush the dog
Clean out the junk drawer
Make a casserole
Dust off that exercise equipment and use it
Pull out that hobby

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Some are elaborations of what you posted, some require another person. Just going to throw out ideas. 🐱

Jigsaw puzzles
    Board games, cards

Declutter
    Organize makeup, jewelry, clothes, tools, pantry, linen closet, garage, books, gift wrap, etc. (basically anything that needs it)

Try out new hairstyles
    Go through your closet/jewelry and try on different combinations

Knit, crochet, needlepoint, cross-stitch
    Woodwork
    Make cards, bookmarks

YouTube

https://www.eonline.com/news/1133056/every-movie-getting-released-early-on-demand-and-streaming-for-your-viewing-pleasure
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Play solitaire. I think I have a deck of cards around here somewhere...
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I have the best one: a boss that's decided that work-from-home means bleeding work into the evening. Ughhhh.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2020
    My wife is now working from home as of today, so it's me, my wife, and our two boys. We're resigned to the fact that we won't be as productive, but we're still getting work done. Neither of us are missing our commutes...mine is typically 2 hours out of my day. We're spending more time as a family outside...going for walks, family bike rides, etc. Had a nice picnic lunch out on the patio today.
    I have the best one: a boss that's decided that work-from-home means bleeding work into the evening. Ughhhh.

That's just rude...very happy that our bosses realize the difficulty of working from home as well as tending to our children.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Drink tea! ☕️
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Make a list of friends and family you haven’t spoken to for a while and spend some time catching up. They’ll appreciate the boredom relief too!
  • CynthiaMargiotta
    CynthiaMargiotta Posts: 15 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Drink tea! ☕️

Great idea
  • breanamock
    breanamock Posts: 28 Member
    I've been reading, but sometimes reading leads to snacking for me. Therefore, I'm walking circuits around my apartment (basically in/out of the laundry room, through the kitchen, in/out of the powder room, and around the bedroom) while reading. Can't walk too fast or I start running into things, but it burns more calories than sitting still, and I can't carry a snack and a book at the same time!
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Do something that involves both hands where you can't eat, like puzzles, sewing, needle work (knit/crochet/cross-stitch); get outside for a walk; reorganize your closet; change around the furniture. Stay away from the kitchen 😥
  • CynthiaMargiotta
    CynthiaMargiotta Posts: 15 Member
    Keep up the good ideas folks! Busy hands leave no room for snacking.👏👏👏👏