Have the Coronavirus or think you do?

Options

Replies

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Since you aren't coughing & don't have shortness of breath, I doubt that you've it. However you might've a cold or worse, the flu & thus it's plausibly best, to take the same precautions because being this sick with something else, now makes you 1 of the venerable.

You don't need coughing and shortness of breath to have it.

True, there're people whom've it yet aren't experiencing any symptoms. That's why I said doubt, though since he's experiencing symptoms, of some other types of illnesses.

My belief was that if he's sick with a cold or flu & this, it'd be effecting him.

What in the world are you talking about? Do you have any first hand knowledge about this virus?

My belief was that because he was experiencing symptoms of a plausible cold or flu, his immune system obviously'd be weakened by either & that if he also had this virus, he'd then most likely be affected by those symptoms as well.

No but I don't believe that it's difficult to connect that a weakened immune system via a cold or flu, might put someone at a greater risk of another illness affecting them.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Since you aren't coughing & don't have shortness of breath, I doubt that you've it. However you might've a cold or worse, the flu & thus it's plausibly best, to take the same precautions because being this sick with something else, now makes you 1 of the venerable.

True, there're people whom've it yet aren't experiencing any symptoms. That's why I said doubt, though since he's experiencing symptoms, of some other types of illnesses.

My belief was that if he's sick with a cold or flu & this, it'd be effecting him.

What in the world are you talking about? Do you have any first hand knowledge about this virus?

My belief was that because he was experiencing symptoms of a plausible cold or flu, his immune system obviously'd be weakened by either & that if he also had this virus, he'd then most likely be affected by those symptoms as well.

No but I don't believe that it's difficult to connect that a weakened immune system via a cold or flu, might put someone at a greater risk of another illness affecting them.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I welcome you, to prove me wrong?! I've never been opposed, to receiving a free education.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    TJ_in_MA wrote: »
    I do feel like my breathing is beginning to get compromised. Not surprised as this is a hallmark of the virus.

Are you okay??? 😖 💕
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Yes thanks. Day 5 and my energy came back a lot. Still lingering effects and don't have much wind when I try to do some things but I think I'm definitely on the mend. I wish the best to all going through this!

That is good.... day 8 for hubby here and he's still with a slight fever, fatigue and now gastrointestinal issues. This virus runs the whole gamut.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Yes thanks. Day 5 and my energy came back a lot. Still lingering effects and don't have much wind when I try to do some things but I think I'm definitely on the mend. I wish the best to all going through this!

So glad you answered! 💕
  • PKM0515
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    For me I got sick on the 18th, I have no sense of smell or taste since, anyone else?

I read that this can be a symptom.

How are you feeling? 💕
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    For me I got sick on the 18th, I have no sense of smell or taste since, anyone else?

I heard that was a symptom as well.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I mean, maybe.
    I've had no fever (although apparently you don't need that to test positive.)
    I've had a slight runny nose the last week or so. Not horrible, but enough to drive me nuts. A persistent dry cough that seems to get better and then comes back, almost feels like you're choking on spit but there's nothing there. And I had a sore throat in the beginning. Occasionally I get shortness of breath. I'll go running and it takes me a good mile to get my breathing under control. And walking from the bathroom and climbing into bed winds me like I climbed a flight of stairs.
    My husband had the same thing, and it took two weeks after he started showing symptoms for me to also have symptoms.
    Unless I can't breathe or develop a fever, I doubt they'd even test me.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

I read that this can be a symptom.

How are you feeling? 💕
    I have the sensation of a hangover, not that bad at all now... Just a cold that's it.

Glad you're doing okay! 💕
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

I've heard that this is a possible side effect. Take care!
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I think I've had it. Slightly raised temperature, sore throat, headache, combined with fatigue and general feeling of being 'under the weather'. But the symptoms that made it suspicious were the feeling of not being able to fully breathe in and a 'raw' feeling in my chest. Didn't feel like a flu or cold at all for me. It took me over a week to recover and get back to exercising, but I think I'm pretty much healed now (I hope), two weeks after the first symptoms.

My BF had a cough and also a raw feeling in the lungs and a feeling of pressure in his chest.

The symptoms you describe.. perfect description for what ive had since the start of this thing, i honestly can’t remember how long thats been

rhcv4533zfc2.gif
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

I get what you’re saying. If someone is sick with something else, then it seems likely they’d see covid-19 in a more extreme form since their immune system has already been or is currently taxed. Seems logical enough