Emotional Eaters Support

Options
Hi all

Just wanted to post and say to any other emotional eaters out there, feel free to add me and we can try to support each other.

I've had binge eating/emotional eating issues and issues around food for as long as I can remember. My weight tended to yoyo constantly depending on whether I was on some sort of restrictive diet or when I wanted to just eat as I liked but constantly I feel like I sabotage myself when I feel upset, anxious or stressed.

I had been managing this really well with exercise and healthy choices until I fell pregnant in 2018. At this point I felt sick when eating vegetables and ended up making very unhealthy choices. I also felt as I gained weight that comments were made about the size of my bump (my daughter was 9 pound 6 at 38 weeks) and the more people commented jokingly with me the more upset I became so the more I ate.

After having my daughter last June I realised how amazing my body is and what I can achieve but also I realised how my unhealthy habits and reduced exercise had taken their toll on my muscles.

I've been struggling to workout as much as I would have liked due to running round after my little girl but I'm doing all that I can to push myself to do more. Since covid 19 has come to light I've been feeling more scared and upset which has caused some of the emotional eating to return. I'm trying to be mindful of this and avoid unnecessary news as it seems to make me worse.

If anyone wants a buddy to talk to instead of reaching for that food that gives us comfort, I'm here 🙂

Replies

• marishkashah
    marishkashah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Fellow emotional eater here. (23yo F) I realised today I've let things get too far and felt lost and hopeless. I hate that feeling and I know the only way out of this is to give it my best shot at recovery.
    The plan I made today is:
    Intermittent fasting 16:8
    Planning meals for the week
    More water!
    Exercise 30 mins every day (at home)
    Keep a food diary
    Push through!

What strategies are you using? :smile:
    Best of luck!!
  • TrustworthyAmber
    TrustworthyAmber Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you! Looks like you've been planning ahead for how you'll manage your stresses and thats always a really helpful step forward 🙂 thank you for sharing and expressing how you've been feeling it's nice to know we're not alone in this!

In terms of my strategies, being on here and logging all my food and drink has been really important for me to be mindful and look back to think am I hungry or do I need something else. I'm also doing a workout after breakfast for 45 mins to an hour at home to get me in the right mindset each day. I've been doing HIIT and body combat routines I've found on YouTube and I can definitely feel it! Mostly I'm trying to keep myself busy as if I focus on another task I dont think so much about my stresses and tend not to look to the cupboard or fridge for my support x