The 3 day apple fast/diet

I am doing this 3 day apple diet for the long weekend and I am hoping to get good results! I just started this morning and I am planning on eating an apple whenever I get hungry. I have researched about it and even youtubed it and I have heard nothing but great results. I have been eating heavy foods/way too many starches the past week and I need to get back on track and I thought this may be a great way to help my digestive system. What do you think? Anybody wanna do it with me? :) haha!

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    I'd recommend you eat other healthy foods that aren't so high in fructose along with the apple.
    Maybe brocolli, some lean meat like chicken breast.

Don't take it past 3 days and you should be ok...
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Dint think it is a bad idea at all, I would be interested to hear how you get on and now many apples you eat in a day.

If you go to a website called 30bananasaday you will find lots of forums, these are people who follow a raw vegan Diet. There is lots of talk of going to banana island where they just eat bananas for sometimes a week or more. People go to other islands so yu may find some support there for your 3 day trip to apple island

Good,luck
    Yes, but the difference is they make sure they get enough calories a day. On their website, they recommend 2500 minimum for women and 3000 minimum for men. You'd have to eat a ridiculous amount of apples to get enough calories in a day considering how low in calories they are when compared to other fruits like bananas, dates, etc.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Yes, thats true, you would need a lot of apples to get in enough calories , and apples take longer to eat than bananas so there would be a lot of munching, prob get jaw ache eating 2000 cal of apples a day!
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Yes, thats true, you would need a lot of apples to get in enough calories , and apples take longer to eat than bananas so there would be a lot of munching, prob get jaw ache eating 2000 cal of apples a day!
    Probably. :laugh:
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    I don't think it will hurt you but it just sounds like something that someone made up off the top of their head without any real evidence or reason for any of the steps. Seems like there could be a better way.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Not sure how I double posted...sorry folks.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    If your minimum a day for calories is 1200- that's about what....10-12 apples? And add a little apple juice (about 110 calories in an 8 oz glass) and you're getting quite a few calories. If you eat 2-3 apples every few hours- you're right on track. Sometimes fasts/cleanses/detoxes/whatever you want to call them help purge your urge to shove whatever in your mouth. They help you get your head and digestive system straight. Looking at what I eat on some days, I'd say I could do a lot worse than 10-12 apples. Fiber, natural sugars & gentle on the digestive track. It's clear you know it's not a long-term strategy - it's a system 'break'. I say, Go for it and see how it feels.