Broke my toe into several pieces

Options

I am straight up asking for sympathy here, and maybe a little advice.
Yesterday, while organizing my work bench in the basement, I dropped a ten pound speaker on my second toe (right foot).
After deliberating whether to go to urgent care (I don’t want to be another body during this pandemic) I finally went. X-rays were taken and revealed that the tip was crushed into many pieces. It’ll take 4-6 weeks to heal.
The thing that really sucks about this is that, after dealing with a labral tear for two months, I was feeling almost ready to get back to jogging again. And now this happens.
I guess I can still do sit-ups and stretches but what else? I think I may have some old crutches lying around. Maybe I’ll drag them out and get biceps of steel while I limp around the block.
This sucks!!!!! And hurts a lot. My toes keep involuntarily twitching. I welcome your pity.

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Ugh! So sorry! Feel better! (Did the doc recommend icing it or anything?) 💕
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! That sounds super painful!! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Kundalini yoga is not for everyone, but there are some sets that can be done seated (on the floor or in a chair). There are segments in these two videos that are decent upper body and/or core work (if you don't like the chanting, just ignore those segments, you can pick segments in the matrix menu that skip that):

https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Solar-Power-Workout-LEVELS/dp/B0035AO4VI/

https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Yoga-Transformer-Workout-LEVELS/dp/B0035AO4WC/

These are also available as streams if you don't want to order right now (go to www.raviana.com).

I am not affiliated with them, just trying to think of exercise you can do without using your foot and this is the best I could come up with. P90X ab ripper X would also work if you have access to that.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Did they bandage you or give you a boot? Time to isolate and watch tv, maybe walk in place. I don't know but anyhow, I am sorry you are broken. This too will pass -- s l o w l y.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Ouch. Toes are so delicate and hard to repair. I broke a toe years ago walking into my kitchen island, hmmm then I sprained an ankle with the island too. Anyway...make sure to rest it, I didn't and sometimes, years later, it still hurts.

Maybe try looking on YouTube for a seated workout?
  • CynthiaMargiotta
    CynthiaMargiotta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Poor sweetie! Sssooo sorry! Get stationary bike at a thrift shop! After tripping while walking (thankfully no broken parts) and scratching my face up a few times i got one. I can use it any time. Another idea: check out in Maintenance support- Self Isolation = Boredom Eating - it has some ideas for things to do. good luck🤗