Ladies - what's a good HRM

Options
WIll probably go for a Polar but what is a good model? Want one that does HR (obviously!!), and calories burned, and ideally one I can use for swimming.

Is there any major advantage of chest ones over watches, as I would prefer a watch, and one thats not tooooo chunky looking.

What models do people have now and like??

Thanks!

Replies

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Polar FT4. It's water resistant, can be used for swimming it does suggest that you not push the buttons on the watch while the watch is submerged. Anyhow, I haven't had any problems with it except for the other day when apparently I hadn't been placing it correctly on my chest therefore giving me a false reading. It shows calories burned, minutes worked out, and you can set a heart rate zone you want to stay within while working out.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I also have the ft4 I adore it =] but do remember like the previous poster said don't press the buttons in the water!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    All the Polars that have a chest strap, also come with a watch.

I have a Polar FT7... can be used to water. I like it a lot because it's easy to use/set up.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Another FT4 user here. Amazon has the best prices on them.
  • Purdeymom
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 two days ago, still getting the hang of it but I love it - It doubles as a normal watch too and looks so cool in the bronze nude colouring ; )
  • NaCheezIt
    NaCheezIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio Petite that has no chest strap, and the face of the watch comes out so you can change out the band for different colors.
    It works great outside of the water, but I have a hard time getting a reading while I'm in the pool.
    Normally when I swim, I just use it as a timer or lap timer and then measure my heart rate a couple of times. Once you've had it for a while, you can estimate the calories burned pretty accurately.
    I bought it new on eBay for about $30, a steal! If you shop around you can get some really nice deals.
    Love it:]
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and LOVE it!! It wasn't all that expensive either Once you get one, you won't regret it :-)