Starting over & 140 to lose

Options
I've created a new account and I'm restarting my weight loss journey. I've been off track the past couple of years and I am back to my highest weight of 250. I'm only 5'0" and I need to lose 140 pounds. I have a really bad food addiction and I think about food 24/7. I mainly have a problem with sugar. I just turned 50 and I can't believe I'm still morbidly obese.

I'm looking for friends who would like to be accountable together daily. It would be best to have the same goals of needing to lose over 100 pounds. Send me a message and let's chat.

Replies

• AlaskanOtter97
    AlaskanOtter97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too started a new account....I have 50-60 to lose, but to be honest I’d be good with just the first 15-20 coming off. I’m 5’2” and 200 lbs. Consistency is my issue....committing long term is my other issue.....best of luck....hope to see you here and watch our progress together.
  • Eileen21255
    Eileen21255 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m the same as you both. Also restarted. With all this time at home I hope to be able to concentrate on myself more. I have been motivated to get out walking everyday but it’s my eating that’s the big problem. I’m trying to work that out. First day was good. How about you?
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, there are lots of helpful people and resources on here.

@NovusDies started a group for people who have 75lbs or more to lose, we find that our experiences can be different to those who have much less to lose so it's a very supportive group of people in similar circumstances.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

(Novus, tagging you as I'm on my PC for a change so should have posted the link myself o:) )
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    As @Jackie9003 mentioned and linked (for the first time ever :tongue: ) There is an MFP group for people with extra weight to lose. We only ask that you plan to lose your weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion. That just means that you are not willing to sacrifice your health to lose weight faster than you should and that you understand that ease of adherence is a priority.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm rejoining as well. Joined Sunday after weighing and seeing I was over 300 again. Bummer!! Feel free to friend me; my dairy is open. Baby Steps for now until my kitchen is downsized from my Granddaughter's stocking for 2-3 weeks due to the pandemic. As I can eliminate her choices, I'll replenish with my "healthier" choices.
    I think I'll check out the "larger losers" group link in Jackie9003's post ... perhaps I'll see y'all there.
    Have a great day. :)
  • WorkinOnTheNewMe
    WorkinOnTheNewMe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hello. i been at my weight loss journey since july. ive lost 70 pounds so far and have about 70 more to lose. i would love to become friends with anyone on this thread. please feel free to send me a request
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I lost 35lbs and have gained it back. I have a total of 130lbs I’d like to loose. Let’s encourage each other and get this done once and for all!!