Sick...AGAIN!

Options
Okay, so I was all excited to buy a smaller size pants this weekend, even if they are a little snug. I figured just two more weeks of doing what I do (calorie counting, working out, etc.) and they would fit just fine. Well, low and behold, I'm sick...AGAIN! This is the second time in 4 weeks that I've been sick and neither were just a little case of the sniffles. I can barely breathe, I'm up coughing all night, my nose is running, I'm hot and cold, but my fever finally broke. I have no desire to eat salad, roasted veggies and chicken, etc, and want to eat mashed potatoes and other comfort foods. I haven't gained weight, but I haven't lost any either. I was really enjoying working out and keeping myself on track. REALLY! I'm so frustrated right now! I just want to reach my goal and I feel like my body won't let me! It's fighting AGAINST me when it should be working with me...especially considering all the good I've been doing for it with the exercising and eating right! I never get sick this much! I'm generally a healthy person! Bahhh!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I was all excited to buy a smaller size pants this weekend, even if they are a little snug. I figured just two more weeks of doing what I do (calorie counting, working out, etc.) and they would fit just fine. Well, low and behold, I'm sick...AGAIN! This is the second time in 4 weeks that I've been sick and neither were just a little case of the sniffles. I can barely breathe, I'm up coughing all night, my nose is running, I'm hot and cold, but my fever finally broke. I have no desire to eat salad, roasted veggies and chicken, etc, and want to eat mashed potatoes and other comfort foods. I haven't gained weight, but I haven't lost any either. I was really enjoying working out and keeping myself on track. REALLY! I'm so frustrated right now! I just want to reach my goal and I feel like my body won't let me! It's fighting AGAINST me when it should be working with me...especially considering all the good I've been doing for it with the exercising and eating right! I never get sick this much! I'm generally a healthy person! Bahhh!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    I hear ya. I have a collapsed lung and keep going in and out of sickness and it's killing my diet. SO frustrating!:sick:
  • filergirl
    Options
    I've been sick too. No cardio for me. :(
  • bluestime
    Options
    work through this and you'll feel really great--even better because of it
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    DITTO!!! I feel ya girl. Just when I think I have kicked the old migraine, it comes right back. I will be sooooo glad to get back on track. I was feeling so good about what I was doing and how well I was keeping up. Just remember you can always get back on track, there is always tomorrow. Don't let it get you too down. You've proven that you can do it so just get better first and then you will be able to get to your goal. We all will!!! Have faith!!!!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I mostly got over the respiratory infection and got exactly two days of exercise. Now I have a sinus infection. I'm taking it easy until Monday. Hopefully I'll be better by then.