Sounds yummy - thanks!
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    lol:tongue:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    When I've watched the pro's make it I was under the impression it's about 80% milk so the opposite of your recipe hence why it is 120-130 calories at McDonalds and Tim Hortons. My homemade version is about 100 cals b/c it’s made the same way, 1 cup milk, sweetener and ¼-1/3 cup coffee.

It can't possibly be 1 cup of coffee b/c then it would be gross for those who dont like coffee. I hate coffee but the iced coffees are just a sweet drink with a hint of coffee flavour so they are decent.

Anyone else find this?

I appreciate your recipie don’t get me wrong but I’m afraid 1 cup of coffee isn’t the same as the ones in fast-food chains so it won’t taste the same. I’m glad you and other coffee drinkers like it though!
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I too like iced coffee!

My recipe:

Ice
    2 Cups Coffee (or 1 or 1.5...depending on how much caffeine you need/like)
    1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 Packet of Sensible Sweets Diet Hot Cocoa Mix

mix it well, I use a shaker bottle and shake it!

it adds up to about 50 calories and its perfect for summer mornings!
  • Autumnskies
    Options
    I just discovered the iced coffees this week too! I drink one when I get the munchies, because it makes me feel full. I use 3/4 cup cold coffee (what's usually left after my husband drinks his coffee), 2 french vanilla splenda coffee creamers, 3 tablespoons of milk, and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. I mix them in the blender for 30 seconds and then pour over crushed ice....yum! There are different recipes on the splenda box too. I think its only about 30 calories!
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I made some today and YUM! Usually my morning pick me up is in the realm of 200 cals :-O

happy to report that today it is a whopping 23 cals and tastes just as great haha!!
  • klawRN
    Options
    You can also make this up and freeze into ice cubes to put into your iced coffee and it does not get watered down. Great way to use up leftover coffee.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Water and Iced decaf with a splash of reg coffee. Just a bump. LOVE IT.................
  • IAmTheAwesomest
    Options
    I gotta try that!

My recipe is a little different and includes a cap full of expresso wine *blushes* it's still like under 100 calories but not good for you! lol
  • mags2504
    Options
    bump yum
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LSmela
    Options
    My sister uses almond soy milk , that was all she had so I tried it, with a little splenda and strong coffee:drinker: yummy
  • lavendaar
    Options
    i use
    a big cup:
    add ice
    cream i enjoy
    1 T sugar (need to find a substitute)
    and fill all the way up with cold coffee! so yummy! my dad used to make it with milk! i'm going to have to try some of these other recipies!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! I was just thinking about that I should start making iced lattes at home. Thanks so much for the post and the recipe. ! YUM
  • AmyS79
    Options
    This Girl loves her some Iced Coffee...:smile:
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I always have a pitcher of iced coffee in the fridge, all hot left overs go in there. I do a couple of different versions:

1 cup iced coffee
    1 cup unsweetened soy milk (whatever flavor you like-I buy boxed Westsoy - Soy Slender)
    1 scoop EAS 100% whey powder (vanilla or chocolate depending on what flavor of soy I use)

1 cup iced coffee
    torani sugar free hazelnut syrup (sometimes)
    a teaspoon of light cream

Use your imagination and flavor it how you like it.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Am def. going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing!
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    :drinker: bump