Anyone feeling something real? Why do people hide how they feel?

Options
Mamanushka
Mamanushka Posts: 4 Member
I fell in late December. Anyone else bouncing back?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I currently feel hungry.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a human cat, so while I'm not supposed to care about much, I am still, in fact, human.

I'm living, hence I care. I don't believe in living in a world that is rainbows and sunshine all the time, so if I "feel" anything that I feel is worth saying, I will say it positive or not.

Currently?: Concern. Immense concern about current events. It will eventually pass, sure.. but how many people are going to be affected deeply from it?

I never thought I would live to be in the middle of a pandemic. Pandemics are typically something one reads about in history texts, not actively living through.

In a far off future, you and I will be part of a historical text on this pandemic event in human history. Remember that.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Mamanushka wrote: »
    I fell in late December. Anyone else bouncing back?

You fell for someone in late December and are bouncing back to being single?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    I'm mid bounce :# . I fell. And I cant seem to move...on.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Today I'm feeling selfishly sad about events being canceled. I know that people are dying and there are worse problems but it all ties into that not so long ago I was excited about the future. I was planning on finally living my life instead of just making it through and right as things were looking up....here we are. Nothing to look forward to. Wasting my life on the couch as my money cushion slowly deflates and I wasn't able to even have fun with it. I've been isolated for a month and no end in sight. My gf still works for the grocery store so I feel like I'm likely to get it anyway and I have respiratory issues already. So here I am thinking about finally coughing myself to death and today I was supposed to be going to a Dojacat concert and the next two days at a festival with my family. I was planning trips and planning new job prospects. We're supposed to move next month. Things were happening and now they're not. There's a possibility of it never.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Today I'm feeling selfishly sad about events being canceled. I know that people are dying and there are worse problems but it all ties into that not so long ago I was excited about the future. I was planning on finally living my life instead of just making it through and right as things were looking up....here we are. Nothing to look forward to. Wasting my life on the couch as my money cushion slowly deflates and I wasn't able to even have fun with it. I've been isolated for a month and no end in sight. My gf still works for the grocery store so I feel like I'm likely to get it anyway and I have respiratory issues already. So here I am thinking about finally coughing myself to death and today I was supposed to be going to a Dojacat concert and the next two days at a festival with my family. I was planning trips and planning new job prospects. We're supposed to move next month. Things were happening and now they're not. There's a possibility of it never.

Yeah. *kitten* the new normal.

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Today I'm feeling selfishly sad about events being canceled. I know that people are dying and there are worse problems but it all ties into that not so long ago I was excited about the future. I was planning on finally living my life instead of just making it through
    I totally understand you on this. The lockdown thing is soul crushing... it makes me sad too.

Soul crushing is right---I went from out and about most days and nights to solitary confinement in a small apartment. I mostly just log on to work for my 8 hours a day and spend the rest of the time perfecting my booze-to-pill ratio to make sure I spend as much time asleep as humanly possible. There's nothing to do and no one to talk to, so anything that makes the time go by is my friend. And hey--Colorado is still estimated to be three weeks out from peak, so there's a lot of opportunity for unconsciousness ahead.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I’m busy fighting with people on the internet these days. Getting pretty good at hiding how much I want to put a fist through their faceholes

Can I Recommend a good edible?? 😉
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I tried opening up to my mom when I was like 12 and she basically told me I was being a drama queen. So yea. But it's much better now and we are close.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I’m busy fighting with people on the internet these days. Getting pretty good at hiding how much I want to put a fist through their faceholes

Someone hide the woodchipper... ;)
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Can I Recommend a good edible?? 😉

Someone hide the woodchipper... ;)

I’m now torn between both
  • heartattackspecial
    heartattackspecial Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I felt something real once. Then the cops came because apparently it’s not appropriate to feel up a construction worker who happened to be napping during his lunch break. Go figure.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Acceptable reactions to “real emotions”
    1. “Awww”
    2. Saving it to use as ammunition later
    3. Pretending to be deaf
    4. “Oh yeah, I stubbed my toe once.”

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    When you get told so many times that my feelings aren't valid...you kinda learn to not be open about them. That's how it is for me anyway. I've learned to shut down.

I learned to avoid toxic people who invalidate me :)