Does anyone just eat normal food not lot of veggies

Options
Can anyone show me a food plan if yours that just eat normal food. I like just plain foods. No fancy stuff. Have four stone to lose. Thank you.

Replies

• mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not sure why folks are putting words you didn't say in your mouth. 😡 Or did I miss your statement that veggies aren't normal plain food? 🤦‍♂️

Anyway - my food plan is to Eat Less, Eat Better, and Move More. Reduce calories by eating single servings - not the usual 2, 3 or more I used to eat. That includes all manner of plain, everyday food such as meat, 'taters, gravies, veggies, and anything else one might consider normal food. Oh, and the occasional fancy food, too.

Using My Fitness Pal, I've learned how to reduce empty carbs (white bread, cakes, cookies, pancakes, added sugar, etc.) and eat more complex carbs found in vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc. It also helps me keep track of other basic nutrients such as proteins, fiber, and fat.

My plan is to relearn how to eat more healthy foods in healthy amounts so that, when I hit my weight goal, it will be an ingrained habit.

So, learn what foods are bad for you and reduce them to as close to zero as you can. That doesn't mean a sweet treat is out of the question, but make it a treat and not a daily meal.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I didn't read it as vegetables were abnormal. I read it as though eating an abundance of vegetables was abnormal. I probably eat a highly abnormal amount of vegetables compared to many.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I eat "normal things". You can check out my diary, if you are interested.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    sure i have cereal pretty much every night as a bed time snack; i had bagel bites with cream cheese in them today - as long as i log it - anything goes (for me within moderation)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    I agree with Novus: If you haven't, consider the link below, that he also posted.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

(even though linking it looks tackier, coming from me ;) ).

You can eat the foods you like, and only make whatever changes you want/need to fine tune your eating so you're eating the right amount (calories-wise) of things you personally enjoy eating, and that meet your personal goals for nutritional quality (though the thread linked above recommends some nutritional strategies, you can ignore the ones you disagree with, and just use the method outlined to figure out how much to eat, of foods you enjoy, in order to stay full and hit a calorie goal).

No special foods are required.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Apologies if I offended anyone by saying normal . What I meant was I'm just into the plain foods as in my cereal sandwich and dinner I.e. that I wouldn't be into having salads for lunch and lots of veggies are not my thing. That's all just looking for a bit of advice. No offence intended. Thanks and if anyone can help further please do. Thank you 🤩

So you don't include vegetables as part of your typical daily eating?
  • Shadow1974mfp
    Shadow1974mfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    An odd carrot here or there might find it's way. But for instance i don't eat rice or noodles or pasta. Dont like stirfries. So I would eat eggs and sandwich for lunch and my dinner spuds and meat and a treat here and there