Year Of Me

Options
mada2u1984
mada2u1984 Posts: 109 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
If I asked you to name all the things you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?
Anyone else making this 2020 a year dedicated to themselves? Loving yourself first? Well I am. I’m always giving a 100% to everyone around me and serving my needs last if I even have time for myself. Well now I’m wanting to focus on myself and give myself the kind of love I give everyone else. Add me as a friend if you too want or need to make yourself a priority. Don’t forget, your important too! Blessings to all! 💋

Replies

• youngconsultants
    youngconsultants Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting my MFP journey today too. Bit late but ready for the challenge of taking care of myself at last. I too am finally giving myself permission to prioritise my health and need to start today. :)
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    That’s awesome! Congrats on choosing to love yourself first. This is our year!
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    All one needs to do is look in the mirror and see truly how wonderfully and beautifully we are. It takes time to see oneself in this light, this is true. Forgiveness is key. Be quick to forgive yourself. We are human after all and to be human is to error. There is beauty in our flaws. Beautifully and wonderfully flawed. That’s what I say. Hope you begin seeing in the mirror a person worthy of love. Blessings
  • HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    mada2u1984 wrote: »
    If I asked you to name all the things you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?
    Anyone else making this 2020 a year dedicated to themselves? Loving yourself first? Well I am. I’m always giving a 100% to everyone around me and serving my needs last if I even have time for myself. Well now I’m wanting to focus on myself and give myself the kind of love I give everyone else. Add me as a friend if you too want or need to make yourself a priority. Don’t forget, your important too! Blessings to all! 💋

Love this!
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    I’m happy you do. Here’s to loving thyself first. *chinks water glass
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting my MFP journey today too. Bit late but ready for the challenge of taking care of myself at last. I too am finally giving myself permission to prioritise my health and need to start today. :)

What inspired you to start?
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    Now lets make this a great year and smash all those personal goals!
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    Had to remind myself today that this is MY year.. forgot for a few moments, but I’m back. 💕
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    HarveysBud wrote: »
    mada2u1984 wrote: »

Love this!

Thanks Dustin
  • maaka1981
    maaka1981 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It's very inspirational
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    maaka1981 wrote: »
    It's very inspirational
    Thank you
  • gabbrielle08
    gabbrielle08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love this! ❤️ I said this year was all about me. I'm learning to love myself more and trying to be this best me I can be.
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    Love this! ❤️ I said this year was all about me. I'm learning to love myself more and trying to be this best me I can be.
    Congrats on taking that step towards self love. You deserve it and let’s encourage one another during this journey!
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    We all need encouragement, thought I would remind everyone here to remember to keep loving them self and making yourself a priority. 🙏🏼
  • FunkyTownHornedFrog
    FunkyTownHornedFrog Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear this today! Thank you. Yes, absolutely. Year of getting ME back and holding myself accountable.
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    I needed to hear this today! Thank you. Yes, absolutely. Year of getting ME back and holding myself accountable.
    That’s right! Your worth it and you have little ones that need you to be awesome and great. Way to go!
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great reminder about my goals to love myself enough to put my health first. It's been a whirlwind month and my fitness plan has suffered due to the stress of my job during the pandemic. I'm blessed that I will never be without my job at this time, but I have to shift the focus back to the things that are most important- my health and my family. 2020 here I come.
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    That’s awesome! I’m glad you are choosing to focus on what’s important starting with yourself. Blessings, love and light to you on your journey.
    Great reminder about my goals to love myself enough to put my health first. It's been a whirlwind month and my fitness plan has suffered due to the stress of my job during the pandemic. I'm blessed that I will never be without my job at this time, but I have to shift the focus back to the things that are most important- my health and my family. 2020 here I come.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,634 Member
    Options
    Love your outlook and message! I know in my case not feeling like I deserve what I have or feeling like I couldn't do better made me complacent. Now that I've been facing my fears and have improved my health I think I keep challenging myself more of out fear of sliding backward than actually appreciating who I am. I'm a work in progress for sure, still have a lot of growing and learning to do.