Reaching out has always been hard for me.

Hey

My name is Kriss and it's been a long time since I have been here. Last time I was here I had successfully lost 165 pounds.

I am professionally diagnosed with binge eating disorder from an eating disorder psychiatrist.

In just a few short years I regained most of my weight back and went from 135 pounds to 250 pounds.

I went through some hard times in those three years and while I know that none of that actually attributes to my eating, cause with an eating disorder, I would of ate anyway, I put fighting against my eating disorder on the back burner.

In that time I left an abusive and toxic relationship, I lost everything to bed bugs, I then bounced from job to job until I finally found a good one. I had to move several times before I could find a place that connected with me and felt like home and then I had to work my *kitten* off to save money to rebuild my life because in the end all I was starting with, was a bed frame.

During those events I put my weight back on.

However some positives did come from regaining my weight.

I did not appreciate my weight loss the first time. In fact I had a deep resentment and hatred towards my body. One I never expected to have after losing weight because I hated my fat self so much my whole life.

But losing that much weight is like winning millions when you're young.. you just cant process and handle it the way you should.

It allowed me to see the hole I was burying myself in, I had developed bulimia as a result of fear of gaining weight back, I couldnt see it then, but I see it now in the photos.

I have restarted a medication I was once on to help me with my binge eating disorder, but it's still a struggle, it was increased today because the last three days I had been struggling to maintain even a small calorie deficit and then last night a binge happened, undoing anything I struggled to maintain as a deficit over those days.

So, I am not a quitter, today just means today is a new day, hopefully with a higher medication dose, the 1800 to 1900 calories I am eating will be easier to manage.

But as I've been sitting here tonight, i realize that sometimes you need people. Sometimes in that moment, you need people behind you to take your mind off things.

I dont know if there are people here who I still know from the past, but I would love to have some mature, dedicated, and educated people on board. People who understand calorie deficit and moderation and can be supportive rather then dictating.

Thanks. =)

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Welcome back Kriss, I remember you well. You've overcome a lot. Just don't worry, stay calm and let MFP do it's magic once again. You know the routine. The sticky posts--especially "Sexypants" always give an emotional boost. Wishing you luck!
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Thank you darling.
    You're right I definitely know the routine.
    I think also once my scale comes in the mail and I can see if I'm making progress it will motivate me more.
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    While my struggles aren't the same as yours, I am also back after regaining a previous big loss. We did it before and can do it again! You have the tools you need, just have to get back into healthier habits. You got this. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    This site has changed a lot, I cant even figure out how to add anyone lol I went to the friend section and only options are facebook, email a and something else non related to this site. Clicking on your name also doesnt give an obvious way to add you. Lol
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Okay I think I figured it out.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Welcome back Kris. I remember you too. I think we were friends under my old account. You can do this. Hugs.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Welcome back Kris. I remember you too. I think we were friends under my old account. You can do this. Hugs.

Ouuu... what was your old account?

And thank you =)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Hey you!!

Big hugs. You've got this, and we're here to help and support you in whatever way you need :)
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Ohhh hey lady!

Thank you.

Today ended up being another write off. Lol

Gonna try again tomorrow, I know what my current challenges are tho.

Trying to keep my meals balanced with enough carbs that I dont have a low later in the night.

Getting my sleep schedule fixed. This one is crucial because I take my eating disorder meds but they only last so many hours, and I'm going to sleep and only sleeping 4 hours and then I'm up and I can't take more pills so I'm stuck fighting against myself and I lose.

I'm going to the drugstore tomorrow to see if I can maybe get a sleep aid, or talk to my dr tomorrow about a sleeping pill so I stay asleep. If I can sleep through the night then the pills can work their magic in the day time and I wont be stuck binge eating at night when they wear off