Thoughts on this home gym device?

Options
https://thedbmethod.com/

I keep seeing this advertised to me on
social media. It's tempting. And at $230 isn't outrageously expensive. Anyone have one or think it would be worth it?

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    It looks less useful than just doing body weight squats. Machines tend to take the fine motor control out of exercise, which makes the exercise less effective. That's not always a bad thing, depending on your goals, but this thing looks kinda boring.

That's just my opinion of course. The best exercise is one you'll do, so if you think youll use this thing regularly then its worth it. :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason you can't just do squats?
  • lizholt326
    lizholt326 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No reason, just bored in quarantine lol
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Looks rediculous. I'm sure you can do better exercises for free.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    lizholt326 wrote: »
    No reason, just bored in quarantine lol

It justs looks like a gimmicky waste of money that will end up cluttering your garage covered in dust once the novelty has worn off.

You could look up goblet squats - you can improvise with any suitably heavy household object.
    (My daughter calls them "goblin squats" as she misheard me and the name has stuck! :smiley: )

If not confident with squatting look up box squats, again you can improvise what you use as the box.

If you want to spend your money on fitness equipment there's better options.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    jm_1234 wrote: »
    For close to the same price I would get this to battle quarantine boredom and do some exercise. Back some years I had the Wii Fit and Balance Board - me and the family really enjoyed it.

Nintendo Switch + Ring Fit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5ffVjCLfA

This has been sold out for months now... sigh 🙄
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    $230 clothes rack, piece of junk. As others have mentioned goblet squats with a dumbbell, kettlebell or some household object would be a significantly better alternative.

Good luck.