Any nutritionists or dietitians around?

I was hoping I could get some advice from some people who know more than me. I’ve been trying to following a plan called 2BMindset, from Beachbody. The only tracking you do is writing down what you ate. You follow a “plate it” method and you base your meals on what your plate should look like. Breakfast is 1/2 protein 1/2 fiber filled carbs. Lunch 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 fiber filled carbs, and dinner is 3/4 veggies and 1/4 protein. IF you have a snack it should be between lunch and dinner and should start with veggies and then you can add protein and then you can add carbs (adding those things if you’re still hungry). There is no eating after dinner and you should drink 16 oz of water before each meal. You have to get on the scale every morning - and if it went up or down, you’re supposed to look at your tracker and see what worked and what didn’t. There are a lot of parts of it that I like....like it forces me to eat a lot of vegetables and I don’t have to count, measure or really worry about tracking anything. I just write it down.

For some reason, I question this program. I was very into it last year, even tried coaching. 3 times I lost about 12 lbs and then gained it back. I see A LOT of people that keep this going and have for 2 years and live it...but I dunno. Anyone have any opinions? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ag38617
    ag38617 Posts: 6 Member
    Well with 2BMindset, you don’t have to. There’s s much freedom in it, if you follow the plate guidelines. I’ve tried to go to another form of tracking and it’s just so hard to count and measure every little thing when I didn’t have to before.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2020
    I tried it for awhile to drop a few lbs during maintenance. I didn’t like the “no carbs after lunch” idea. What really bothered me was the concept that a scale change today is directly tied to what you ate yesterday. It’s not that linear and even Ilana acknowledges that in some of her videos. I was in a 2B support group with my BB coach, who is also a friend, and I just got tired of this idea being promoted. I do think most of her other principles are sound and do seem to help a lot of people.
  • ag38617
    ag38617 Posts: 6 Member
    I struggle with no carbs at dinner time too. I get so hungry before bed if I don’t have them. And yes, sometimes the scale really does mess with your head.