The Tiger King on Netflix

Options
Katmary71
Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
Anyone else watching this? I normally don't watch a lot of TV but this has sucked me in, I'm on the 3rd episode since last night.

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    It’s truly a work of art
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I binge watched it last week. Creepiest people, in every way, ever assembled into 1 film project.
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It is the citizen cane of documentaries. I read that they are reopening the case on carol baskin’s husband. 😲
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    I'm still curious how come only ONE is in jail when realistically, almost ALL of them should be in jail.
    • One dude put a hit out on someone he didn't like.
    • Another runs a creepy *kitten* harem cult.
    • Yet another had her husband disappear under rather mysterious circumstances and just seems... off.
    • The other dude is a known felon and conman.. and yet still allowed to gallivant around with models and do creepy *kitten* while his poor wife sits around in the background looking uncomfortable.
    • The "hitman" took money and ran, which is essentially theft, even if the money was for illegal activity.

Also, all I learned is that if you have more than one big cat, chances are... you're probably unhinged.

Yes! You're spot on. Not to mention that bones were found buried at 1-2 sites, some shot in the skull. So, the disgusting TKing killed some of his own animals... so did the guy they just arrested... I forget his name... the huge guy with the harem.

And, is it hard to believe that TKing put out a hit on Carol? He had plenty of shows where he shot her effigy over & over, week after week & talked about killing her all the time, on & off camera. Yet, people keep saying they should free him. Not so fast... if he were convicted, then reading the court transcripts is a must to determine if he should be freed.

Also, although I find ALL of these meth heads & addicts as creepy as outcasts from a Fellini film, people are far too eager to jump on Carol. She may have done her husband harm, but it seems it's this group of ne'er-do-wells & rumors that are implicating her. I'm not supporting her... I live near her tiger sanctuary in Tampa & the conditions are disgraceful. Maybe she did kill her 1st husband. But, it doesn't mean TKing is innocent... I think far from it.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I'm still curious how come only ONE is in jail when realistically, almost ALL of them should be in jail.
    • Yet another had her husband disappear under rather mysterious circumstances and just seems... off.
    • The other dude is a known felon and conman.. and yet still allowed to gallivant around with models and do creepy *kitten* while his poor wife sits around in the background looking uncomfortable.
    • The "hitman" took money and ran, which is essentially theft, even if the money was for illegal activity.

Also, all I learned is that if you have more than one big cat, chances are... you're probably unhinged.

I'm not sure why conspiracy charges haven't been filed on the others. They all sat around talked about and planned it. They all freely admit they did that. And yeah the weirdo in SC is under investigation for purchasing and transporting baby lions across state lines and several other things. Truth is they are all deplorable for so many reasons. No one better than the other.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Yes! You're spot on. Not to mention that bones were found buried at 1-2 sites, some shot in the skull. So, the disgusting TKing killed some of his own animals... so did the guy they just arrested... I forget his name... the huge guy with the harem.

And, is it hard to believe that TKing put out a hit on Carol? He had plenty of shows where he shot her effigy over & over, week after week & talked about killing her all the time, on & off camera. Yet, people keep saying they should free him. Not so fast... if he were convicted, then reading the court transcripts is a must to determine if he should be freed.

Also, although I find ALL of these meth heads & addicts as creepy as outcasts from a Fellini film, people are far too eager to jump on Carol. She may have done her husband harm, but it seems it's this group of ne'er-do-wells & rumors that are implicating her. I'm not supporting her... I live near her tiger sanctuary in Tampa & the conditions are disgraceful. Maybe she did kill her 1st husband. But, it doesn't mean TKing is innocent... I think far from it.

Fair. I don't know if Carol did anything illegal. She admits to being like TK and creepy harem cult dude in the past (breeding and selling exotic animals for profit), but that she advocates not doing that and not having random people owning them as pets anymore. It sounds legitimately like she changed in that regard. And yes, her husband disappeared under very odd circumstances and will probably be re-investigated at some point, but so far, she's still innocent. However, there is just something unsettling about her personality and demeanor which either means she's hiding something (or a lot of somethings) or that she's a true sociopath. Her behavior is just.. abnormal. But hey, at least she went through the legal channels instead of trying to hire a hitman to take care of her problems. :p

Are the conditions of her "sanctuary" that bad? I haven't visited hers, but remember visiting Joe Exotic's a loooooooooong time ago when I still lived in AR and yeah, they weren't great.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

Fair. I don't know if Carol did anything illegal. She admits to being like TK and creepy harem cult dude in the past (breeding and selling exotic animals for profit), but that she advocates not doing that and not having random people owning them as pets anymore. It sounds legitimately like she changed in that regard. And yes, her husband disappeared under very odd circumstances and will probably be re-investigated at some point, but so far, she's still innocent. However, there is just something unsettling about her personality and demeanor which either means she's hiding something (or a lot of somethings) or that she's a true sociopath. Her behavior is just.. abnormal. But hey, at least she went through the legal channels instead of trying to hire a hitman to take care of her problems. :p

Are the conditions of her "sanctuary" that bad? I haven't visited hers, but remember visiting Joe Exotic's a loooooooooong time ago when I still lived in AR and yeah, they weren't great.

I'd never visit any kind of zoo or circus, etc. The few times I went as a kid, I found it depressing to see animals performing or being stuffed in small areas... elephants with chains on their legs... makes me almost burst into tears. But, I've known those who've gone to her place & they say it's in disrepair, cramped, dirty, depressing, etc. Everything you'd expect with captive wild animals in cages, I suppose.

For those interested, here's a 17-min vid on the Tiger King doc with a psychologist, who has an interesting YTube channel. I won't give spoilers, but his commentary is very revealing & insightful & he gives his honest thoughts on the doc & each person involved, which is unusual that he puts personal opinion into it. His analysis is very interesting & revealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=123a3JK7hto
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I binge watched it last week. Creepiest people, in every way, ever assembled into 1 film project.

My daughter commented that she had to keep reminding herself that this wasn't a fiction documentary.

On the up side, it makes my life and friends/acquaintances seem very upright, noble, and people of the highest standings. On the down side, everyone that is someone normal probably seems like there are in line for a Peace Prize compared to that band of misfits.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

I'm only three episodes in but saw that coming - Joe Exotic and Doc Antle need a steady supply of tiger cubs, but can only use them from 6 weeks - 16 weeks, and tigers can live 25 years in captivity, so there was bound to be an excess of tigers :(
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Anyone else watching this? I normally don't watch a lot of TV but this has sucked me in, I'm on the 3rd episode since last night.

Lol. Same here. Besides Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee on Netflix the last ACTUAL series I watched when it was new was The Office. I don’t watch actual tv. YouTube videos and stuff, yes. But....this Tiger King sucked me right in. Done now, wish it wasn’t. Lol. It was oddly fascinating.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Lol. Same here. Besides Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee on Netflix the last ACTUAL series I watched when it was new was The Office. I don’t watch actual tv. YouTube videos and stuff, yes. But....this Tiger King sucked me right in. Done now, wish it wasn’t. Lol. It was oddly fascinating.

Maybe Joe himself isn’t done. Why was he moved to a medical prison?
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Maybe Joe himself isn’t done. Why was he moved to a medical prison?

"Joseph Maldonado-Passage, the star of "Tiger King" better known as Joe Exotic, has been transferred to a prison medical center. The transfer comes after Maldonado-Passage was put in "a COVID-19 isolation," as his husband Dillon Passage put it, because he was possibly exposed during a stay at a different prison."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tiger-king-joe-exotic-transferred-prison-medical-center-coronavirus-isolation

I don't recall where I heard it, but someone did say that a 2nd doc is in the works. Perhaps it will focus more on Carol, since police have asked for tips on her dead ex-husband... or a follow-up to all the characters? In any event, I think there will be a 2nd at some point, since so many are so interested in the story.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    A Court TV, April 2 piece on the case, if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBd0lVjPj8A
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options

Dude! Spoilers!!!
    PS. I’m kidding. I watched it all in a day 😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »

Dude! Spoilers!!!

:lol:

I forgot that not everyone is privy to this cluster-*kitten* in real time like I was.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    edited April 2020
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »

Dude! Spoilers!!!

Since it was brought up, how do you list spoilers? I don't see an option/button for that.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    It's the biggest s**t-show I've ever watched. Everyone on it is detestable. The only partially non-detestable person on there is Carol Baskin, but even she is a little sketchy and her dorky husband serenades her with show tunes. I had a hard time getting through the first 2 episodes because I hated everyone on the show AND I hate zoos and animals in captivity in general. And more than anything, I hate soul patches.

Can you imagine how many Tiger King costumes there will be EVERYWHERE this Halloween?
  • newlife0516
    newlife0516 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I only watched the first two episodes. Way over the top people doing stupid crap. Hard to believe it’s not scripted.