Building a home workout

Options
xDaynie
xDaynie Posts: 35 Member
edited April 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi there! I am on lockdown in my city and before so I bought a exercise ball, an aerobic stepper, and a dumbell set (1.25-10kg per side)

I have been doing C25K (a week in now) and would like to add a gym program to do while I am not able to go to the gym. I cannot replicate my normal gym program at home as I mainly use machines and am not sure the home equivalents.

I have seen workout labs, and they show all the exercises and what areas they target with the equipment I have, so I am happy to find ones to target certain areas.

My question is, how to build one? What muscles do I target, and how many exercises should I do targeting each muscle? Usually I would do Mon, Wed, Fri as weights (cardio warmup), and Tues Boxfit, Thurs swim, but all I can do is C25K and my home workouts, how should I set those up for the week?

Im happy to do the cardio everyday as its the only chance I get to go out of the house, but I dont know if that would be too much if I add weights workouts in (rest for muscles etc) I am happy either way to do either double session for full body, or two seperate programs, not much else to do in life at the mo!

I am quite new to gyming, before my gym closed I had only been going for 8 weeks. I have limited muscle, I am overweight, and still quite new so more simple but still effective exercises are better

(Female 5'4, 26yrs, 83kgs)

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    While you have the time now, google these exercises - goblet squat - dumbell clean and press, overhead press, one arm row, dumbell bench or floor press, deadlift , Romanian deadlift (keep soft knees on this one), tricep extention & curl. Find some videos on how to do them -- have fun