Start the day out right, but end on a bad note...

Options
Hi all, I'm fairly new to this site and feel the need to voice my frustration. I find myself starting the day off right, eating healthy and portioning properly, but as the day goes on i find myself leaning towards more sugary items, higher fat items, or larger portions. I don't know how to control this :ohwell: Anyone relate?

Also, I have recently gained 4 lbs, which on a 5'2 person is decently significant and i feel like my amount of sugar intake is partially to blame. What low sugar snacks do you typically eat? I need to move past the "Weight Watcher's cakes" and whatnot! I do eat fruit, but i'm looking for a quick snack i could either make or buy to eat between college classes and such.

Replies

• whatwentwrong
    Options
    i'm not eating sugar, so for snacks i eat almonds (the cocoa roast ones are amazing, and just slightly sweet), hardboiled eggs, string cheese, or celery (possibly with cream cheese). as far as the eating higher calorie foods as the day goes on- maybe you could try planning your days' meals ahead of time? i haven't had luck with it, but some people do!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that as well....the problem with me is that by 4:00 pm, I am starving!!! So...what I have been doing in the afternoon is adding a protein drink as a snack....it really makes a difference!! I hope this helps! Hang in there!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I schedule my breakfast lunch and dinner and then I know how many calories I have to play with for snacks. And after dinner, I click the finish entry button so that when my husbands asks if I want a bowl of ice cream I can tell him that I have already closed my day. Its really simply but it has been working for me.
    Good Luck!
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    Try and plan your meals and snacks for the whole day on here the night before or morning of. This helps because you can make sure you stay within your allowances of calories, fats, etc and gives you a plan. It's much easier when you know what you can and can't have instead of guessing and then totaling it up later and feeling guilty. It also helps take the guess work out of it.
  • lissababe
    lissababe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You didnt say what you eat for breakfast. I think this makes a huge difference in your ability to curb sweet things. Try eggs in the morning with toast and a little fruit or maybe oatmeal with fruit.