I need ur advice....

Options
I have been excercizing n eating under my calories but am not losing any weight. I dont know what I am doing wrong.i drink alot of water n idk what to do to lose alot of weight the quickest.what do I need to eat n what do I need to do. Help me please. And I would love to have u as my friend.please add me
:happy:

Replies

• kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You need to open your food log so we can see what you have been eating.
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    Well, remember the weight doesn't just appear over night and will not be gone over night. Slow and steady wins the race. Are you taking vitamins? Eat more protein and fiber. Request me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • CarrieJaneSmith
    CarrieJaneSmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You won't lose if you are way under your calories--because then you are in starvation mode. Also, it depends what you are eating. Are your food choices good food choices? Or just small amounts of nutrition-devoid foods? Have you seen a doctor and had your thyroid checked? ...and what kind of exercising are you doing?
  • 06MustangGT
    Options
    +1 on opening the food log. Anyone can stay within their limits however if they aren't eating the correct foods their progress can suffer.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You probably need to eat more.

Are you eating at least some of your exercise calories to maintain a 1200 net?
    Do you have you activity level set appropriately?

Believe it or not the number one mistake I see people doing when they are not losing weight is not eating enough.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are precise with measuring your food as well, use measuring spoons/cups and/or scales. Estimating can sabotage you. Overestimating exercise can do it as well. Don't under-eat as other are saying as well.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eat you calorie limit. If you eat under your calorie limit especially if you exercise you risk putting your body into starvation mode. Eat you calories like you should and see what happens. Another MFP member let me know this. The member also told me if you work out MFP automatically tells you how many calories you need to eat to keep yourself out of starvation mode.

So for instance if you set your profile to loose 2lbs per week and it tells you that you need to eat 1200 per day. Its taking the 2lbs into consideration. Have you noticed there is a setting to maintain your current weight? had you set it to that your 1200 cal limit per day would be greater. So when you exercise you have to log it because you earn calories that you need to eat. This is all so your body stays out of starvation mode.

Try and google the metabolism and Glycemic index. It talks about how your body burns fat and how there is a balance between over eating and under eating, Either way if you over or under eat your metabolism will shut down and you wont burn a thing.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I need all of the friends & suport I can get. Would love to have you as my friend. I will look at your food diaries if it's ok. What kind of exercise are you doing? Shelli
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Read this post about why the scale does not move. It really helped me understand:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/328112-why-you-can-lose-inches-while-the-scale-doesn-t-budge?page=1#posts-4386501
  • jinkies54
    jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recommend eating clean: low carbs (like 30grams total for a meal, and 15grams for a snack), low salt (under 1500mg a day), low fat and no processed foods. It's tricky to meet your daily calorie total. Like I'm under 1200 some days but I'm not under eating - it's just hard to get loads of calories when you're eating all veggies, salads, extra lean meats ect.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Watch your carbs and portions and try to stay way from processed foods---eat more fresh fruits and veggies. Add more Protein and whole grains to help burn fat. ( I learned this 2 wks ago and lost another 2 pounds). Best wishes!