Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gained weight from alcohol, ready for change.

In the past I successfully lost and kept off a lot of weight. I used calorie restrictions and exercise. The past year I was assaulted and didn't cope properly and drank a lot, leading to a big weight gain. I didn't realize alcohol would make me gain so fast. So I'm back at this trying to start again. This time, I'm not restricting calories to the point of starvation and I haven't started the exercise portion yet, but I plan to. I just wanted to get all these things I am going through out in the open and be able to move forward and get healthier.

Replies

• healthiermum87
    healthiermum87 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! Good luck x
  • e5litre
    e5litre Posts: 191 Member
    In the past I successfully lost and kept off a lot of weight. I used calorie restrictions and exercise. The past year I was assaulted and didn't cope properly and drank a lot, leading to a big weight gain. I didn't realize alcohol would make me gain so fast. So I'm back at this trying to start again. This time, I'm not restricting calories to the point of starvation and I haven't started the exercise portion yet, but I plan to. I just wanted to get all these things I am going through out in the open and be able to move forward and get healthier.

I'm so sorry to hear about your assault. I hope they caught the piece of *kitten* and threw the book at him/her! But judging from your post, that assault didn't kill your warrior mindset/will. Keep digging and surviving,and you'll be back to where you want to be in no time!😁
  • medusasnake
    medusasnake Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! Good luck x

Thank you!
  • medusasnake
    e5litre wrote: »

I'm so sorry to hear about your assault. I hope they caught the piece of *kitten* and threw the book at him/her! But judging from your post, that assault didn't kill your warrior mindset/will. Keep digging and surviving,and you'll be back to where you want to be in no time!😁

Thank you for your words of encouragement and for reaffirming to me that I still have a warrior mindset! I appreciate it!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,288 Member
    edited April 2020
    I hope you have sought help to heal.....Sounds like you are ready to take better care of yourself. It makes me angry to hear about your unnecessary suffering. You will be surprised at how metabolizing real food will improve, absent the alcohol. Peace.
  • medusasnake
    Dootzy1 wrote: »
    I hope you have sought help to heal.....Sounds like you are ready to take better care of yourself. It makes me angry to hear about your unnecessary suffering. You will be surprised at how metabolizing real food will improve, absent the alcohol. Peace.

Thank you! I am doing my best to make better choices concerning alcohol, I've improved a lot. I appreciate your words and compassion. Thank you.
  • kwhite2045
    kwhite2045 Posts: 2 Member
    Your are strong, and there is nothing that can stop you. Embrace your inner goddess and smash your goas.. You're not going to be a victim, you're a victor 🥰
  • apilks14
    apilks14 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear about the assault. Your post reminded me so much of myself. I had a trauma that happened to me and turned to alcohol. I gained 38 pounds in a year! I got sober and started exercising everyday and logging my food on here and I’ve lost 19 lbs in just over 2 months :). Keep your head up and you’ll get there 👍
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Sorry about the assault. I hope you have been able to tell to someone about it. Booze is the devil for weight isn't it. I am off it right now because I was feeling fat and it's the best quality to drop some pounds at least for me. Good luck !!!