How I changed my eating habits

Thyck88
Thyck88 Posts: 12 Member
1,200 calories and 1 hr walk 3x a week. Down 14lbs in 3 weeks.

I hear my co workers telling me I lost weight.. why don’t I see it?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Healthy weight loss is 2 lbs a week, if you have 60 or more lbs to lose.
  • Thyck88
    Thanks but I’m also under a care of a dr already. He didn’t say anything was wrong. But thanks for the insight
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2020
    Take weekly progress photos. Sometimes you can see in a photo, what you can't see with your eyeballs. Measurements, using a sewing tape, are good, too.
  • Thyck88
    So people on keto should be on 1,500 cal daily as well? I’m just curious.
  • Thyck88
    I’m 5”11 in the high 300s. High Blood pressure, boarder line diabetic. Until I lose 30 lbs. I’ll go to 1,500.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,107 Member
    Thyck88 wrote: »
    So people on keto should be on 1,500 cal daily as well? I’m just curious.

To determine how many calories you should eat, it doesn't matter if you're doing keto or any other diet.
    The fact that you're doing keto might partly explain the rapid weight loss too: the decrease in carbs can lead to a lot of water weight loss in the first few weeks.
    I would monitor your weight loss the next few weeks and see if stabilises. 2lbs a week would be a good goal at your current weight. If it's faster than that, it would be good to increase the number of calories to avoid loss of muscle mass.

As for seeing the weight: progress pictures are good, as well as taking regular measurements. Our mind is great at tricking us!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I’m 5”11 in the high 300s. High Blood pressure, boarder line diabetic. Until I lose 30 lbs. I’ll go to 1,500.

I'm glad. I'm 5'9, 201 lbs, 45 yoa and can lose on 2000 calories per day.

You are very tall for a female. Please don't ever drop to 1200. Don't be afraid to even go up to 1700-1800 calories if you really find yourself struggling.

Doesn't it make sense that a 5'11 female would need more fuel than a 5'0 female?

Can confirm, 5'1'', 123lbs, sedentary, and lose on 1,200 a day. Way too big of a deficit for someone who is 5'11''.
  • Thyck88
    Thank you all for the great inspirations. I think I am losing that much because I am on a lazy keto diet. And then most of the day I don’t feel hungry, I drink 1 gallon of water daily, snack on almonds and eat a lot of proteins. But I’m going to incorporate a lot more in my diet.
  • Thyck88
    Yes I’m a tall female. But I was at my highest 335. I was sluggish. Now that I’m losing the weight I feel a lot better. I need to up my calorie intake. But my dr suggested I go to the 1200
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    1,200 calories and 1 hr walk 3x a week. Down 14lbs in 3 weeks.

I hear my co workers telling me I lost weight.. why don’t I see it?

I lost almost 30lb and don’t see it but I definitely feel it, keep going and don’t stop you will see it at the end... good luck!
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Especially if you are at 1200 and your want to stay there, eat back your calories from your walk. Also fiber will allow you to feel full. But if you’re start to become tempted to quit then reevaluate your intake level. I did keto for a while and I was amazingly satisfied on very little. I’m glad you w found something that works for you.
    (Stats F 5.5, 168, 1250 a day then eating back workout calories)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!