Do girls think guys with shirtless profile pics are stupid?

Options
Do I look dumb without a shirt on?

Replies

• skinnny1day
    Options
    On facebook it's stupid. On this site, it's not stupid. Just my opinion :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    no, if you need motivation or inspiration it's good.
    Or if you've worked hard to get that bod, you DESERVE to show it off!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree. Depends on appropriateness. Facebook and other sites I would say are a fail. Where here on MFP which is like the facebook for loosing weight, I would say its okay because your tracking your goals. Showing the results.
  • MercKlebba
    MercKlebba Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not dumb at all. You seem confident and proud of your progress.
  • AmyS79
    Options
    I think on fb it may be to much, but for a fitness site I belive its just fine..
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Not stupid at all! I think it's good to see a visual of where you're at so you can work towards your ultimate goal. My facebook DOES NOT have this pic in my photos!
  • 1petewest
    Options
    i've always kinda wondered what women REALLY thought of this too. I'm not ashamed of my body or anything but I wouldn't feel right leaving a shirtless pic up all the time. Let me know your opinions please. :)
  • geraldhenry
    Options
    My wife always says "if you have to ask, you already no the answer" --> Cruel but true
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I can see on this site because it is about weight loss and guys want to show their progress. To me its the guy equivalence to a girl taking pics in shorts and sports bra. I don't think it is here. If your talking about other social groups like facebook then yes; just like I think its stupid for girls to show off in bathing suits.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't care for it. I can see I'm bucking the crowd, but IMO it's in poor taste. Ditto for some of the pics I've seen of some gals.
  • missy0709
    Options
    I think if its for motivation then it's fine, but it bugs me when I know a guy is just showing off because he can. Just my opinion.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    On facebook it's stupid. On this site, it's not stupid. Just my opinion :)

^this
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    lol If I had a sexy hot bod I would want to tastefully be showing it of! Fact.
  • geraldhenry
    Options
    @karhleennf --> Is your profile pic indicative of how you want us all to look? That's not anorexic thin --> That's Chiuaua thin
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    no u dont look dumb u worked to be able to go without one so its not stupid. now if it was on fb or something then that might be a bit uhmmmm overdoing it lol. it all depends on why your doing it :D do it for yourself and if you do it do it with confidence not asking if its okayy :P
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    IMHO, i agree with some that it's stupid on FB.... i mean there are only so many bathroom mirror poses that you can do, right? ;) However, here... we wanna see. we wanna notice your progress... we wanna give you accolades and kudos and cheer you on. Plus, it's nice that your shirtless pic doesnt include you holding any freshly killed/caught animals. those are kinda weird... LOL
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    i've always kinda wondered what women REALLY thought of this too. I'm not ashamed of my body or anything but I wouldn't feel right leaving a shirtless pic up all the time. Let me know your opinions please. :)

I am gonna need to see this Pete to give you an accurate answer! LOL!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    also agree that on facebook it would be weird and creepy

on here, not so much.

It's a fitness website, if you're proud why not show off. It just shows off all of your hard work.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Do I look dumb without a shirt on?

I think you should do whatever you are comfortable with. If you are good with it then who gives a f**k what anyone else thinks!
  • 1petewest
    Options

I am gonna need to see this Pete to give you an accurate answer! LOL!

i've got one in my profile of me doing my yard work... will that work?