Question about updating goals on MFP

Options
Hi! I literally just reached my original goal of losing 50 lbs!! I'm very very excited, especially because it has been a STRUGGLE lately to keep working out and eating healthy during isolation and home schooling the kiddos. But I have managed, by at least maintaining a calorie deficit (for the most part, haha), and trying to get workouts in as often as possible, but it's more like 3 days a week now (if that) instead of my normal 5/6. This little bit of motivation is just what I needed to energize me and get myself back on track!! My question is about updating my goals....now that I am more active should I update my activity level from lightly active to active? Or keep the same. I am definitely alot more active than I used to be, but given the current circumstances, I'm not really sure

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Your activity setting has more to do with your day-to-day life/job, not exercise. You can log your exercise separately.
  • ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ^What they said. I workout twice a day almost every day, but I have a desk job. My activity level is “Not very active” and I calculate/log workout calories separate. That will give you a better picture of where you are each day anyway. Congrats on your goal, that’s fantastic. Be proud :)
  • gwinhart17
    gwinhart17 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks! 🙂 Now that you guys said it, I actually remember seeing something along those lines in the 'intro to mfp' or one of those threads tagged as most helpful. I tend to overthink and overcomplicate sometimes. Just excited and getting ahead of myself a little there. Lol