How many calories burnt in a 15 min Joe Wicks HIIT workout?

Options
I'm finding fitness pal isn't great for recording a lot of exercises. For home workout dvds the only thing I've been able to find is 'wii'... don't know if I being stupid but it's getting annoying that I can't put in my HIIT sessions and know roughly how many calories I've burnt.
I've been doing Joe Wicks fit in 15... 5 times a week but haven't been able to record any of it in my diary. Can anyone give me a rough idea of calories burnt please?

Replies

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You can just log it as a regular HIIT workout.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, HIIT doesn't burn a lot of calories. It's useful for improving your anaerobic system and training yourself to recover more quickly from hard efforts, that's what it's for.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Think about the type of activity rather than the brand name or media format.
  • ecrispi
    ecrispi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I google calculators and run several and take a lower than average result (I’d rather underestimate than overestimate). Then input manually. Try to use ones that ask for more details than others. I also found a formula for HIIT specifically somewhere that you can do with your weight, average heart rate during, time spent doing, etc. Can’t remember but I could probably find it again
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,277 Member
    Options
    Strictly speaking, HIIT is not a type of exercise. HIIT (high-intensity interval training) is an exercise pacing strategy: Hard effort alternated with easier effort, repeatedly.

You can do HIIT on a bike, HIIT running, HIIT rowing, HIIT calisthenics, and more. When you log it, log it as the exercise type (biking, running, rowing, calisthenics, or whatever the activity type actually is).