why i dont understand!

Options
well i woke up this morning and was excited to jump on my scales and see a loss as ive been so good this week i even feel diffrent within myself. however when i seen the numbers come up on the screen i wanted to cry as for the 3rd week in a row im THE SAME WEIGHT.

i make sure i exersize 5 times a week as i am a firm beliver that weight loss wont happen unless you move more. i also started the 30ds 10 days ago and have done level 1 all the way through without missing a day and i start level 2 today.

i did take mesurments on the 27/8/11 and today (4/9/11) and have lost 1inch on my belly 1 inch on my hips and 1 inch on my bust and i am happy about this but i NEED to see the scales move as for me this IS a big thing.

i understand that this jurney is not a diet its a lifestyle change and its not a sprint its a marathon but for ME i NEED to see the scales move even if its 1/2 pound a week.

i honestly think if it stays the same next sunday my last bit of motivation will find it hard to push through.

Replies

• DoubleDworks
    DoubleDworks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic loosing inches. Don't forget that counts too.

And there are a few factors that could affect the scales weight. Like not weighing in at the same time each time, where you are at with your cycle etc.

Don't feel discouraged, the inch losses are a fantastic achievement
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hun, Please take into account, that exercising 5 times a week, is going to create muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat! Stick with it, it will come off!!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I know how it feels to see the same damn thing on the scale time after time. Only thing I can tell you is to remember that muscle weighs a lot more than fat, and as your exercise becomes more intense and more frequent, you may not see the scale budge initially as your body changes and builds muscle stores. But THEN.....as those muscles start doing their job and you keep up your end of the bargain with your eating habits, those numbers will move I promise! I went for six miserable months without the scale moving despite working very hard at it. Then one day it just DID. I am certain you will feel that same sweet sense of accomplishment very soon--your body just needs to catch up to it all.

A side note....I'm sure you know this, but maybe ask your doc to check your thyroid levels? An underactive thyroid (even a slightly underactive) can halt your weight loss no matter what you do. Might not be a bad idea if you feel like you are spinning your wheels.

Good luck to you! It will happen!!!!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    BTW.....I would be much more stoked to lose inches rather than pounds!!! Thats awesome, feel good about that! :flowerforyou:
  • rinnismom
    Options
    Hun, Please take into account, that exercising 5 times a week, is going to create muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat! Stick with it, it will come off!!

not true. a pound is a pound is a pound.... this is a common misconception.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

not true. a pound is a pound is a pound.... this is a common misconception.

But muscle is denser than fat and therefore takes up less room - which is what was obviously meant by that statement. Therefore the scales may not go down, but the inches do.

You're doing great toni, but I know how disheartening it can be.