Hey! Try this real quick + tell me how it feels! (90 seconds

Options
Stand-up.

Put your feet like this: | | in front of you at shoulders' width apart. Go up on your toes then back down. Spend about one half second on the ascent AND one half second on the descent. Do this 25x.*

Stretch for a few seconds, then reposition your feet like this: \ / with toes pointed outward (about 45º). Do another 25 reps.

Last step is to point toes inward like this: / \ and do the final 25.

*You can steady yourself with a finger on the wall if need be. If you're not feeling a burn by the end of that, I'll be shocked.

(Learned this from a guy who used to be a boxer. It's meant to create definition without the bulk.)

HOW DID IT FEEL? :happy:

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    We do something similar in yoga. It's a good move. I'll do it to kill time while waiting for the train. :)
  • elbandito
    Options
    If I hadn't have done legs a couple of days ago at the gym, I'd say that was fine.

As I HAVE done legs, that was FLAMING ****INGAGONY!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Haha...not even sorry, Shane! XD
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Well be shocked, I feel nothing.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Used to do this in ballet, through the various foot positions. If you do it a bunch of times, you do give your calves a very good workout.
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    bump
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Well be shocked, I feel nothing.

Your legs are in great shape, then!

I never work out (yet) so this was tough for me. :)
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I've always worked out, it's my diet that's always been bad.

After spending months learning to barefoot run, I think my calves are fairly indestructible.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    It did take months of dedication and always being close to injury. And lots and lots of ice.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I felt the burn!

I like it. How often would you recommend doing them?
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Yep, I felt the burn!

I'm doing them everyday when I wake up. It's not really "intense" so I don't think you'd need a rest day from it.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Yep, I felt the burn!

I'm doing them everyday when I wake up. It's not really "intense" so I don't think you'd need a rest day from it.

This, but if it ever gets harder, or your reps drop off, start including rest days
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I felt the burn!

This, but if it ever gets harder, or your reps drop off, start including rest days

Thanks, guys. They're so quick. Gonna do them in the morning while the coffee brews.
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Yep, I felt the burn!

Thanks, guys. They're so quick. Gonna do them in the morning while the coffee brews.

Good plan. Just made some coffee, myself. :):drinker:
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hurts so good!
  • clairibou1
    Options
    bump! i'm working on the legs!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Forgive me... is this just like calf raises just in different foot positions???
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    It's not like them, it is them. Just no weight and a narrow range of movement