Your Home Fitness Routine?

2»

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited March 2020
    I’ve definitely been having moments of “I’m so glad I hate lifting in public” — when I first started lifting, I bought a bench, barbell, plates, and then later got a rack. So for this, I had to track down some 25-pound plates, and I bought a spin bike, but that’s the worst of it.

I’m currently running a modified PPL

Sunday: Long run day
    Monday: 45-minute ride (no class), 45 minutes worth of class from the Peloton app, lifting day
    Tuesday: 45-minute ride, run day
    Wednesday: 45-minute ride, 45 minutes worth of Peloton classes, lifting day
    Thursday: 45-minute ride, run day
    Friday: 45-minute ride, 45 minutes worth of Peloton classes, lifting day
    Saturday: 45 minutes worth of Peloton classes, lifting day
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    Been meaning to develop a home gym, but never allotted the money for it as I had full access to the weight room at my local gym. Now I'm regretting that decision, as my only weights at home are small DB's and a single flat bench. Given my joints, I don't relish the idea of doing dozens of reps of light weights to make up for the lack of heavy DB's (and BB's) to which I no longer have access.

My teenage son has been doing lots of calisthenics to try to stay fit. That thought has my mind harkening back to my military boot camp days, lol. Back when it was a lot easier to simply "drop and give me 50" and not think about how I was going to get back up off the floor!
  • frghtshkr
    frghtshkr Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2020
    531 Boring But Big for me
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I run outside almost every day. I don't use a gym, haven't had a membership in fifteen-ish years. I use my dumbbells at home and I like to do a few planks here and there.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Today: Ran 4.2 miles & did five 1-minute forearm planks!
  • Jesseray9369
    Jesseray9369 Posts: 21 Member
    Just got a home gym and kind of lost. I do the basic core movements and maintain well.. but time to kick it up a notch. Any good routines I could follow to get a kickstart. I think I just lack the creativity of new ideas and revert back to the core stuff...
  • EvenSneakier
    EvenSneakier Posts: 10 Member
    I actually took out a small loan in anticipation the gyms would close and turned my office in a combo of gym/office!

Purchased a top quality Olympic barbell set up to 220kg, bench and full squat rack with dip bars along with dumbbells ranging from 10kg to 40kg and crash pads as I live in a flat!

So I’m pretty much able to run all my usual strength programmes from the 5x5, PHUL, the recently discovered ‘honest workout’ as well as cardio as I live next to a park.

Do still miss the gym, seeing the same faces and some of the cables for added variety. Will be interesting to see everyone again and whether they will able to make gains during the lockdown!
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    edited April 2020
    I've always worked out at home. I was super busy with life starting around August of 2019 and my workouts went to the back burner. Now I'm home with my kids all day and have the time to dedicate to working out. So, I'm going with an upper/lower split because I enjoy them and I stick to them more than full body. I'm thinking of adding on a fifth workout each week and alternating between the extra upper and extra lower or adding in some intentional cardio workouts twice a week. I'm also walking daily and sometimes riding my bike with the kids.
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    My routine is similar to what is was before, just working out at home. I'm focused on cutting currently, later will move to more muscle building.

Target is around 1800 cals per day or less.

For exercise, I go for a 50 min walk at noon m-f. Then after work, I have a circuit that includes cycling on a trainer, exercise bands, and jump rope. I just jump from one to another until 40 mins is up. All that is done indoors.

And if the weather is bad, I'll do a 20 min version at noon instead of my walk. I'm still new to this program and am trying to deal with lower heart rate overall than what I had on the elliptical at the gym. But, I think I'll probably get a better overall workout doing this.