1.Fun fact about you 2.1 Thing that makes you admire others

13»

Replies

• TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    1- It's difficult for me to offer weightloss advice to people, like tips and tricks I've used... I prefer to be humble about it and acknowledge that I'm right there struggling with you... Particularly in person with close friends and family...

2- I've always admired people who just don't seem to be tempted by sugar... Like how tf are you not climbing the walls over that freaking piece of cake sitting here 😂

I know right. I just wish I didnt like sugary things.OMG I will be in a much better place🙈

Cravings are interesting & I think most crave sugar. I've seen my mum & both sisters polish off an entire box of Godiva in 1 sitting. I'm lucky in that I've never been into sugar & in fact, dislike the way it makes me feel (sugar rush), so can easily avoid it. I'm also probably the only person I've ever met who doesn't like chocolate. I know... shudder.

Even when I smell a cake baking, I swear it's a turn off... all I smell is sugar. In the 2 times/yr I want something sweet... a few raisins, 1 date, 1 fig or a raw carrot are far enough sugar for me & French fried sweet potatoes, oh yuck... taste like potatoes rolled in honey & sugar to me.

But, if I walk into a room with fried chicken/fish, French fries or potato chips... I swear I'd fight an old lady with a walker for the last one. Because I don't want to put on weight, I shun all of the above & am low-no carb. To that end, I dream about eating potatoes. I think about them many times throughout every day, always have. In the rare times I do bring home a bag of chips, I have to leave it in the car or I'll wake up at 3am, knowing they're in the house & I'll eat them ALL, even if I'm not hungry or feel ill cuz they're too oily. In fact, a new development, I can't bring them home at all anymore, cuz I've also gone out to my car at 3am to retrieve them. :blush:

My b'day is this week... it's fine that I won't have a piece of cake or champagne for a toast, but... dear lord I'd love a whole hoop o' fried chicken or a heaping plate of French fries or both... calories be dam*ed.

giphy.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    1. I love the art of photography
    2. I admire people with good work ethic.

Any chance you can share one of your art?
    I love pictured but my family says am bad at taking pictures😂

I will try to post something later for you. My family thinks I'm weird for taking pictures of anything and everything. They don't enjoy my pictures but I'm okay with that. I do it for my own enjoyment. My advice to you is to keep taking them. If you're good or bad at it keep taking them. Plus, practice makes perfect or so they say :)
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    ▪︎ I like to crochet.
    ▪︎ I admire people that do volunteer/ community work in their spare time.
  • Shalen81
    Shalen81 Posts: 16 Member
    1- I am a bookworm
    2 - I admire humility especially in those people who have achieved a lot in life
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    1: I love the wild outdoors, I would live in the wild if I could!
    2: I admire honest and kind people that are not judgmental
  • 1. I enjoy yoga.
    2. I admire those with a kind heart, an open-mind, and are laid back.
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2020
    1. My resting b-face is very similar to my constipated face.
    2. I am incredibly proud and grateful to all the essential workers; from the healthcare sector to the, grocery store workers and everyone else inbetween. Thank you. That is truly admirable.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    1- It's difficult for me to offer weightloss advice to people, like tips and tricks I've used... I prefer to be humble about it and acknowledge that I'm right there struggling with you... Particularly in person with close friends and family...

2- I've always admired people who just don't seem to be tempted by sugar... Like how tf are you not climbing the walls over that freaking piece of cake sitting here 😂

I know right. I just wish I didnt like sugary things.OMG I will be in a much better place🙈

Cravings are interesting & I think most crave sugar. I've seen my mum & both sisters polish off an entire box of Godiva in 1 sitting. I'm lucky in that I've never been into sugar & in fact, dislike the way it makes me feel (sugar rush), so can easily avoid it. I'm also probably the only person I've ever met who doesn't like chocolate. I know... shudder.

Even when I smell a cake baking, I swear it's a turn off... all I smell is sugar. In the 2 times/yr I want something sweet... a few raisins, 1 date, 1 fig or a raw carrot are far enough sugar for me & French fried sweet potatoes, oh yuck... taste like potatoes rolled in honey & sugar to me.

But, if I walk into a room with fried chicken/fish, French fries or potato chips... I swear I'd fight an old lady with a walker for the last one. Because I don't want to put on weight, I shun all of the above & am low-no carb. To that end, I dream about eating potatoes. I think about them many times throughout every day, always have. In the rare times I do bring home a bag of chips, I have to leave it in the car or I'll wake up at 3am, knowing they're in the house & I'll eat them ALL, even if I'm not hungry or feel ill cuz they're too oily. In fact, a new development, I can't bring them home at all anymore, cuz I've also gone out to my car at 3am to retrieve them. :blush:

My b'day is this week... it's fine that I won't have a piece of cake or champagne for a toast, but... dear lord I'd love a whole hoop o' fried chicken or a heaping plate of French fries or both... calories be dam*ed.

giphy.gif

Hahaha. U soo lucky not to crave sweet stuff. My sister is the same. I love the discipline you have.kudos
  • 28Haveitall2020
    1. My resting b-face is very similar to my constipated face.
    2. I am incredibly proud and grateful to all the essential workers; from the healthcare sector to the, grocery store workers and everyone else inbetween. Thank you. That is truly admirable.

It is indeed. And Thank you for that ❤
  • 28Haveitall2020
    1: I love the wild outdoors, I would live in the wild if I could!
    2: I admire honest and kind people that are not judgmental

Def honesty, a value disapearing in our world nowadays
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    1. I love horror stories. Dean Koontz and Stephen King are faves.
    2. I admire people who can forgive and find peace after traumatic events.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    1- I thought the title of this thread was numbered 1 and 2.1 and that made me giggle. Then i realized that i’m just a dummy

2.1- I admire people who so understate their skills and accomplishments that every time you learn about a new one it’s this incredible surprise
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
    1. I am a volunteer with a men's prison ministry that I do not get to help with as much with as I would like due to my work schedule.
    2. I admire people who don't see things as impossible circumstances, instead they see them as life's challenges to overcome.
  • nopassword2
    nopassword2 Posts: 1 Member
    1. I love cats and have two
    2. I admire parents who give their children the best life they can
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member

Great choices.

I love cats, too. Hope to adopt again someday... kitties that is.

Welcome to the forum. :smile:
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    1. My fav thing about taking a shower is using the q tip afterwards
    2. I admire people who are witty, caring and don't have an ego
  • nopassword2
    nopassword2 Posts: 1 Member

Great choices.

I love cats, too. Hope to adopt again someday... kitties that is.

Welcome to the forum. :smile:

Thanks!