Team Derby Life Week 1 Wed/Thu (open to skaters/referees)

Options
Team Derby Life Week 1 Wed/Thu (open to skaters/referees)

Weekly Challenges: Staying under calories, Drinking 8 glasses of water a day, skate 2xs a week. Any time during week: endurance or any day that you can fit this into your schedule - skate, non-stop, any pace, for at least 30 minutes

Wednesday: Baseball slide get up with no hands. 6x (8x)

Thursday: 30 (40) Lunges 10(12) min stretching

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm behind on challenges... and I won't be skating at all today (work then focus group, I'll get home around 10:00pm) so practicing baseball slides won't be possible. :( I'll try to get caught up on Friday when I go to an open skate session.

Does our week go Mon-Sun or Sun-Sat? (Just curious.)
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Monday thru sat...Sundays have no challenge
  • runningathena
    Options
    Can we include Sunday for purposes of getting in a challenge that may have been missed earlier in the week? Or for endurance skating (i.e. at practices or open skating sessions) since it's not assigned a specific day? Just curious, it's a whole day full of opportunity I'd hate to miss out on. :)
  • rockrosie
    rockrosie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Challenge for today completed!

I did about half the challenge for yesterday- We have practice Tuesdays and you never know what kind of torture training will throw at you so I was apprehensive to do a bunch of squats & planks.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Can we include Sunday for purposes of getting in a challenge that may have been missed earlier in the week? Or for endurance skating (i.e. at practices or open skating sessions) since it's not assigned a specific day? Just curious, it's a whole day full of opportunity I'd hate to miss out on. :)

Absolutely, this is anything we want it to be...Sunday now is our make up day LOL
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    challenge complete! sheesh my abs still sore from monday. I think I am gonna do some crunches now ;)
  • runningathena
    Options

Absolutely, this is anything we want it to be...Sunday now is our make up day LOL

YAY! I tend to cram everything in on weekends (I think I burned 6,000+ cals on Sat/Sun this past weekend alone!). LOL!

Weekdays are not so great for me... this week especially! So I'm taking tomorrow AND Friday off. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend before my three-day weekend! Haha!
  • FlamBabe
    Options
    Tuesday challenge done... Wednesdays need to do today with Thursdays...
    Going to do some endurance skating after work today!!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Thursday is complete, I love lunges :) stretching went better today. I am still sore all around this is awesome! I know that my body will be so much better off with all of this. I am so glad to have met so many awesome derby girls.

GO DERBY LIFE~!!!!! yay
  • runningathena
    Options
    I just finished a killer session of Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones! It included everything from this week's challenges so I am caught up! :) Going to get in that endurance skate tonight and again tomorrow!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Hopefully everyone is doing good and enjoying these challenges...i know I am. Just got done w practice. We skated 50 pale outside of the line as fast as we could! Whew

Hopefully more derby girls will join in. Go team!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Here is Fri/Sat keep up the good work derby girls and please keep communication flowing that is the best way we can help eachother out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333251-team-derby-life-week-1-fri-sat-open-to-skaters-referees
  • FlamBabe
    Options
    I am behind on challenges will be catching up tonight. I work Thursday am, then coach JR team then my practice, then 13 hours Friday, then Farmers Market Saturday am then work Saturday pm, then Sunday am....so I need to try to fit them in before I start my day next week.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Please view and bookmark the following blog to participate in exercise challenges...
    we will reply in the comments section as an easy way for people to communicate :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TeamDerbyLife