Post a quote

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    no more wire hangers 😬
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
    "It is my bad luck that this has happened to me. No, you should rather say: It is my good luck that, although this has happened to me, I can bear it without pain, neither crushed by the present nor fearful of the future. Because such a thing could have happened to any man, but not every man could have borne it without pain.
    So why see more misfortune in the event than good fortune in your ability to bear it? Or in general would you call anything a misfortune for a man which is not a deviation from man's nature? Or anything a deviation from man's nature which is not contrary to the purpose of his nature? Well, then. You have learnt what that purpose is. Can there be anything then, in this happening which prevents you being just, high-minded, self-controlled intelligent, judicious, truthful, honorable and free - or any other of those attributes whose combination is the fulfillment of man's proper nature?
    So, in all future events which might induce sadness remember to call on this principle: this is no misfortune, but to bear it true to yourself in good fortune."

-Marcus Aurelius-
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    zlcla8cecbne.png
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    bvw6j05pswwm.jpeg
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
    “All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” — Blaise Pascal
  • honeybee__12
    a3avrkakb64c.jpeg
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    tmzfb3k2umxo.png
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited April 2020
    demgjmj0imnb.jpeg
    _The Stand_ by Stephen King
  • honeybee__12
    kl8cllnvyd95.jpeg
  • zackboomer
    zackboomer Posts: 68 Member
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away
  • TwitchyMacGee
    os7g1nd12du0.jpeg
  • honeybee__12
    d6ujafj25u7l.jpeg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    1vvfs8drc7fb.jpeg
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    If you love someone, it's better to show them that, than it is to tell them.
    If you stop loving someone, its better to tell them that, than it is to show them.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Man! I'm reading these quotes and wise sayings and uhhhh....just THE BOMBdotCOM, super jamming words of wisdom and life...I LOVE THAT so much, this thread has so much FUN, wisdom and quotes from folks is just really my kinda FUN. Once more, I've read thru quite pages of truly wonderful and "doable" goodness--BOOM!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    If you stop loving someone, its better to tell them that, than it is to show them.

That's elegant.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    The true essence of a grape is revealed when it's squeezed.

b1f1phooxk07.png
  • honeybee__12
    “I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me.
    That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.” —
    The Dude
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »

That's elegant.

Thank you. It was a hard lesson that taught ne this, but I'm stronger for it.