My genetics suck cut or bulk ?

Options

Replies

• capc30
    capc30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Strength training seriously little more then a year. 6,0 180 bf %?
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I would estimate your bf at 18-20%
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Why do your genetics suck?

You don’t have to do either: there’s a 3rd way: recomp.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    While there are definitely genetic outliers, I would first ask, what workout program are you doing? IME, more often than not, it's not your genetics, its your lifting program.

And more importantly, what are your goals?
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    While there are definitely genetic outliers, I would first ask, what workout program are you doing? IME, more often than not, it's not your genetics, its your lifting program.

And more importantly, what are your goals?

^^^ this. Especially since you've only been lifting ~1 year. Not sure what your expectations were, but very few people are going to develop a truly awe-inspiring physique in that time frame, so IMO it's a bit premature to claim your genetics suck. That's like sticking your toe in the kiddie pool and saying your genetics suck or you'll never learn how swim because you can't automatically swim like Michael Phelps.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why do your genetics suck?

You don’t have to do either: there’s a 3rd way: recomp.

I do want to add, the 3rd way is only applicable if they are willing to wait and have the consistency of a good diet. IME, it often doesn't align to a lot of people's short term goals. But it's definitely a viable option.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Depends on your long/short term goals.

Since you haven't given that specific info, you yourself making the decision based on attaining your goals would be much better than random thoughts given by strangers based on a pic alone.

Also blaming genetics is more than likely a crutch for either poor training and/or diet. I would suggest finding a more optimal way to achieve whatever goals you have rather than assuming it's a predisposition of how your body is wired.

Good luck.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Eat more train more
  • capc30
    capc30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks fam. Plan on doing a small cut before I consider a good bulk with new training program. Looking to run nsuns program