September Tribal Challenge *** TNT Crew *** (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Bushman style, COMPLETED including tabata!!! WHEW.
    10 cups of water today!!!!
    60 minutes of HIGH IMPACT CARIDO!!!
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OK back from our mini-vacation and for day 1 and 2 I am over on water, under on calories and bushman exercise done. I took today as my rest day since we spent most of it driving
    Yesterday we walked all over Seattle and if you have ever been there you know it's nothing but hills! My buns are burning from the squats and my calves are kicking from the hills. Loving this challenge!
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Today I completed the challenges, was under on calories & met my water goal.

Looking forward to tomorrow's rest day :-)
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    *** A note on logging calories & exercise ***

When I first started MFP I was so discouraged because it seemed I would never be able to burn enough calories off by exercising. I did my research and learned we burn calories in everything we do, i.e., cleaning house, sleeping, logging in stuff here on MFP, driving a car, sitting at the office working, standing working, shopping, etc... etc... etc....

I go to http://caloriecount.about.com/ and I use it to get information on exercising. It doesn't seem nearly as user friendly as MFP, but it seems to have a figure for calories burned doing just about anything.

If you want, you may take a look at my food/exercise diary to see what I mean. I notice that there are not many people logging the way I do, but it's working for me so I stick with it.

**** the end **** :-)
  • reammi
    Options
    Hi. Forgot to log on last night to confirm that I was under calories yesterday. Today is a rest day for me HOWEVER, I achieved one of my goals today that I set for myself in January when I began my quest to get fit and healthy. Today, for the first time ever I ran 5 straight miles without stopping. Yup, today I ran the Manasquan Resevoir. It's a trail thru nature and around water. I have walked it forever and watched all the joggers pass me by ...... but today I was a jogger.
  • CaptainMommy1
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! If that's your "rest" then I am in BIG TROUBLE!

Congrats!
  • CaptainMommy1
    Options
    Oh...Sunday...rest day for me...sort of. :-)
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Hi. Forgot to log on last night to confirm that I was under calories yesterday. Today is a rest day for me HOWEVER, I achieved one of my goals today that I set for myself in January when I began my quest to get fit and healthy. Today, for the first time ever I ran 5 straight miles without stopping. Yup, today I ran the Manasquan Resevoir. It's a trail thru nature and around water. I have walked it forever and watched all the joggers pass me by ...... but today I was a jogger.

Congrats Merri! That's great news!
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Today was a real rest day for me. Traded in my afternoon nap for fabric & pattern shopping with my daughter. She was thrilled, but I'm cranky. :-) Bedtime is near and tomorrow is a holiday from work with lots of house cleaning to do!

Today's weigh in was not so good when I normally see a 1lb loss weekly. I must have been a slacker last week... LOL.

Weight 9/4/11 - 160.6
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Water: Yep
    Exercise: Yep
    Under Calories: Yep again

How's everyone else doing?
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Weigh-in time! Please post your weight here or send me a message. Thanks!
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Water: Yep
    Exercise: Yep
    Under Calories: Yep again

How's everyone else doing?

Doing well thanks. Time for bed.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Day 4 completed Tabata &Bushman:
    Water over
    Calories way under
    Also completed Turbo Fire Core training.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    i apologize.
    yesterday i did my exercise, had 10 cups of water, and was under on calories.
    today was supposed to be rest day because its a 4 day week, but i did the exercises as well today.
    and under calories. way over on water.

ill try to get a weigh in tomorrow :)
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    OK back from our mini-vacation and for day 1 and 2 I am over on water, under on calories and bushman exercise done. I took today as my rest day since we spent most of it driving
    Yesterday we walked all over Seattle and if you have ever been there you know it's nothing but hills! My buns are burning from the squats and my calves are kicking from the hills. Loving this challenge!

Hi Karrie, That sounds like a great workout. I miss the hills I walked daily when I lived in Germany. I was in really good shape over there, but then didn't have a car most of the time either. :-) ~Cheryl
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    i apologize.
    yesterday i did my exercise, had 10 cups of water, and was under on calories.
    today was supposed to be rest day because its a 4 day week, but i did the exercises as well today.
    and under calories. way over on water.

ill try to get a weigh in tomorrow :)

Good for you Kiersten! You will benefit from the exercises for sure. I was wishing I had still at least gone for a walk on my rest day. :-)
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Day 4 completed Tabata &Bushman:
    Water over
    Calories way under
    Also completed Turbo Fire Core training.

Way to go Kim!
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    *** WEIGH IN *** WEIGH IN *** WEIGH IN *** WEIGH IN *** WEIGH IN *** WEIGH IN ***

I need weights for end of Week 1 please. Today begins Week 2 & I need to finish up getting Week 1 entered on the spreadsheet so we're not behind for Week 2.

If you haven't already sent me a message, please do so or post your End of Week 1 weight here in the forum.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    ¸.·’★¸.·’★.. WEEK 2... ¸.·’★¸.·’★

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) ---- Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points. Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each
    exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back),
    20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15
    Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back),

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15
    Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back),

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15
    Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 - REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1
    miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

***********************************************************************************************
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Basic) ---- Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do
    work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above
    days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day
    you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
    IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING
    YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO
    INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN! Keep going strong!
    ************************************************************************************************
    GARY6030 Blog with videos http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

from Cheryl:
    If it would help any of you to send me a text message or a regular e-mail with your updates, feel free to contact me that way. My cell phone is 501-326-7456 & my e-mail is CKK3LJA@YAHOO.COM. I still want for all of us to use the forum to encourage one another and to share our accomplishments, but if for any reason you can't make it on to MFP with your update, send 'em my way. (please put TNT Crew in the subject line if you e-mail me at my yahoo mail)

Y'all are rockin' September already, just wait till you see how far you've come when we wrap up this challenge at the end of the month. Wooo Hoooo!!!
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    174 this morning. No change!